Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

I was 2! =D
    I was 4. I feel so old now. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

How so Joe wrote: »

I was 3. Does that make me middle aged? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Clickers make class rep elections fun.

banquo wrote: »
    Clickers make class rep elections fun.

Nothing makes class rep elections fun. -.-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Anyone know where these keycards are for? Found them by the side of the road today

20111003211054.jpg

• Advertisement

Daemos wrote: »
    Anyone know where these keycards are for? Found them by the side of the road today

20111003211054.jpg

Glenroyal? Looks more like a hotel kind of key

That's was my first guess too but wanted to make sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

What is the god awful smell that's always lingering around near the area between the common room and canteen, close to the pay per hour parking area? It's horrendous and it's there every single day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orl677

I was 7. and i'm a first year! :P I remember 94' was the year 'the most beautiful girl in the world' was released and prince had a new fan for life. I used to drive my parents mad singing it in the back of the car. We'd a pretty good summer that year too if I remember correctly, an ever better one in 1995.. ah I remember a lot of useless stuff about the 90's..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orl677

What is the god awful smell that's always lingering around near the area between the common room and canteen, close to the pay per hour parking area? It's horrendous and it's there every single day

pretty intense some days isn't it! the auxillary building often reminds me of feet too, which is lovely :p ha..

• Advertisement

Loads of computer geeks here right?... :P

If I have a usage limit of 500GB on my internet how much would three people have to download/surf/stream etc. to reach that limit per month? I'm thinking an awful lot

Like say if I downloaded 8 seasons of a TV show (75GB according to my calculations)...

I'm just trying to make sure that I don't accidently build up a huge bill and have my landlord and housemates kill me!

Would it just be the file size downloaded that counts toward the limit. I won't be uploading or seeding anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

500gb should be ok for 3 people, just download in standard def, space them out a bit and don't continuously downloading! Some providers will give ye a link to your account usage (usually a chart of some sort) so you can monitor the usage, make sure ye don't go over and spot any huge usages over the month (and find the culprit!). Most providers don't actually cut you off or charge you much extra when you go over the limit, they just severely cut the speed, so anything much other than Facebook and emails is nearly out of the question:)

Duddy wrote: »
    500gb should be ok for 3 people, just download in standard def, space them out a bit and don't continuously downloading! Some providers will give ye a link to your account usage (usually a chart of some sort) so you can monitor the usage, make sure ye don't go over and spot any huge usages over the month (and find the culprit!). Most providers don't actually cut you off or charge you much extra when you go over the limit, they just severely cut the speed, so anything much other than Facebook and emails is nearly out of the question:)

And if I only download those and nothing else for the month (I'm not a huge downloader, only if I really want something and streaming gets stressful) will I be alright?

Does continuous downloading make a difference? Anything else that would make the usage go up?

When you say cut the speed would that be permanent and how much over would you have to be before they do anything?

Just wanna cover all my bases here! :D

And if I only download those and nothing else for the month (I'm not a huge downloader, only if I really want something and streaming gets stressful) will I be alright?

Does continuous downloading make a difference? Anything else that would make the usage go up?

When you say cut the speed would that be permanent and how much over would you have to be before they do anything?

Just wanna cover all my bases here! :D
    Ah well if you're just downloading those and then a few thing intermittently over the month you should defo be grand:)

Continuous downloading doesn't make a difference, only a suggestion because it'll make it easier to keep track of!

Going from Digiweb(ugh) they cut the speed pretty soon after we went over the limit (40.****ing.gb.) and put it back to normal after the month expired (and the usage was reset). UPC didn't cut the speed too much but then it was only once or twice we went over, so it might just depend on the company.

500gb is a hell of a lot, you'll be grand! To quote an ISP-comparer blog, "In order to breach this 250Gb limit the broadband user would have to download round 1Gb every 3 hours for a whole month. "

Duddy wrote: »
    Ah well if you're just downloading those and then a few thing intermittently over the month you should defo be grand:)

Continuous downloading doesn't make a difference, only a suggestion because it'll make it easier to keep track of!

Going from Digiweb(ugh) they cut the speed pretty soon after we went over the limit (40.****ing.gb.) and put it back to normal after the month expired (and the usage was reset). UPC didn't cut the speed too much but then it was only once or twice we went over, so it might just depend on the company.

500gb is a hell of a lot, you'll be grand! To quote an ISP-comparer blog, "In order to breach this 250Gb limit the broadband user would have to download round 1Gb every 3 hours for a whole month. "

Sorry I'm a worrier!

Thanks! :)

Would it just be the file size downloaded that counts toward the limit. I won't be uploading or seeding anything

Oh, missed this, it'll just be the file size that counts towards + browsing, if you're not seeding or uploading huge files then that wont count, although bear in mind you'll be uploading a teeny bit to other people while torrenting (usually 2.5 - 6kb/sec AFAIK)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Stupid bus taking so long! I need to be somewhere >.<

It can't be a good sign when your biscuit leaves butter marks on pieces of paper...
    Oh well! >nom nom nom<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

It can't be a good sign when your biscuit leaves butter marks on pieces of paper...
    Oh well! >nom nom nom<

That reminded me of this:
    obese%20homer2.jpg

You should start shopping for moo-moos now. :P

jubella wrote: »
    That reminded me of this:
    obese%20homer2.jpg

You should start shopping for moo-moos now. :P
    These biscuits are amazing. They're the best thing about France so far - proper buttery shortcake rounds, for less than a euro.
    I will gain Homer-like proportions before I return, there is no doubt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Downloaded the form for the english teaching assistant thing, so exciting!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Lads, much is the bus to Liffey Valley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Downloaded the form for the english teaching assistant thing, so exciting!
    My friend Ellie just moved over to France to start a job as an English teaching assistant :) So if you ever want any info on the actual job (I assume it's pretty similar everywhere), I can get her to send you an email or whatever.

Library internet is soooo slooooow.

Ended up talking about Torchwood in our Geography module today. Random but awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

My friend Ellie just moved over to France to start a job as an English teaching assistant :) So if you ever want any info on the actual job (I assume it's pretty similar everywhere), I can get her to send you an email or whatever.

Library internet is soooo slooooow.

Thanks :) I've actually decided that I'm gonna do it once I've finished my degree, so there's no rush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭MarkTheBaby

Mince has become the basis for my own food pyramid. :p

€2.95 for 800g, you can't go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone know where the Apt teaching hall is???...closest anyone can tell me is opposite the creche.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Anyone know where the Apt teaching hall is???...closest anyone can tell me is opposite the creche.

All will be revealed here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

Probably not the right place to ask this but ah well!

Does anyone know what equipment UPC collect after you've cancelled a contract with them? Like, do they just take the wireless router and cables or do they require the box screwed into the wall as well?
    Had a student contract where I lived last year so left it running over summer and was told that all they needed to do was disconnect the signal when I cancelled, but now they want to collect the equipment or I'm going to be charged a whole lot of money for it. Total frustration!! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement