Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Jonah42 wrote: »
    A student came to our English lecture yesterday telling us about studying abroad. A semester in the US sounds awful tempting:pac: Anyone ever studied abroad?

I desperately wanted to but had no way of getting the money needed for a Student Visa! I'll get there one day though! :(
    J1 this summer possibly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Jonah42 wrote: »
    A student came to our English lecture yesterday telling us about studying abroad. A semester in the US sounds awful tempting:pac: Anyone ever studied abroad?

Studying abroad at the moment, in France. It's definitely an experience worth considering.
    Any of my friends who went abroad to study came back saying it was the best time they ever had.
    Except one. But we'll just say he's a statistical anomaly. =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I went to the Czech Republic for a year, was the best thing ever,
    despite not knowing the language before I went.
    Now I can comfortably bluff being a Czech no problem.
    My advice: don't let not being good(or not knowing in my case) in a language put you off studying in a certain place,
    once you're there you'll pick it up really fast!
    Plus lecturers usually go a bit easy on Erasmus students when examining.

Oh, crepes. Y u so delicious? You will make me fat in a very short amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

WHAT is making the sound of a lawnmower? Either that guy in the corner has the world's loudest laptop or there's gremlins in the roof

• Advertisement

Did you guys ever hear the e minor chord lawnmower that goes around south campus?
    When it goes over a bump or a particularly rough patch it changes to a D major one for a bit.
    Quite strange actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Gotta love getting up at 5am to register for a class. They couldn't have changed it to like 7am at least, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

On October 27th, the other items we'll be voting on besides who gets to be president:

Referendum on the pay of judges

Referendum on inquiries by the Oireachtas

I'm pointing this out because I believe a lot of people, when they come to vote, will have given plenty of thought to who they want to be president but little or none to these two issues. I think they both deserve a good deal of thought but there hasn't been a whole lot of focus on them in the media, compared to the election.

Please have a read and a think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

And the by election in Dublin West. Labour candidate is the favourite to win despite them having broken every promise they made in the first ten minutes of getting into power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Saw someone praying in the library today. Bit early for that, it's only October! Just wait until the January exams...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    And the by election in Dublin West. Labour candidate is the favourite to win despite them having broken every promise they made in the first ten minutes of getting into power.

in all reality David McGuinness is a much better option and hopefully people will see that on polling day

Anyone going to Grad Ireland fair tomorrow in the RDS? I'm heading but not sure what I need to wear and bring with me etc, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone going to Grad Ireland fair tomorrow in the RDS? I'm heading but not sure what I need to wear and bring with me etc, any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Couldn't tell you but maybe ask here?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Myself and xqzciara are going together, and know a few others heading too.
    Just gonna bring an empty bag to collect all the information/freebies we should ever need!

Thank you!!

Also, another question! Is there anywhere we can see our results from previous years online? I can't find my results pages anywhere and I'd like to bring them with me tomorrow. I checked the student services page where are results go when they're given out but can't find anything..

Thank you!!

Also, another question! Is there anywhere we can see our results from previous years online? I can't find my results pages anywhere and I'd like to bring them with me tomorrow. I checked the student services page where are results go when they're given out but can't find anything..

All mine are up on Student Web Services -> Student Enquiry -> Examination Results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The Grad Ireland fair is pretty crap, unless they've really changed it in the last year or so. So really don't be going there with high expectations. You'll all get loads of free pens though, which is handy :D

Hate GradIreland, they've never proved anything of use to me.
    I'm not a lawyer, business man, economist or java/c++ programmer...

Norrdeth wrote: »
    Hate GradIreland, they've never proved anything of use to me.
    I'm not a lawyer, business man, economist or java/c++ programmer...
    GradIreland have law things this year? Went to the fair last year and got about a billion free pens, but not a single company even vaguely related to legal fields there.

That said, though, they do have a leaflet... Somewhere.

I only get the emails but the last few have been as follows:

Jobs
    Junior Equity Research Analyst – Food and Beverage Team - Davy
    Mechanical Engineer – RPD Unit - Logitech
    Software engineer / Implementation Consultant - Barracuda FX
    Business Analyst - Kerry Group plc
    Mars Ireland Graduate Scheme - Mars Ireland
    KBC Bank Graduate Programme - KBC Bank Ireland
    Graduate Engineer - Mechatronics - Ward Automation
    Technical Manager, Corn Dolly Foods Ltd - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Project Development Manager, Fresh Food Kitchen - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Seafood Development Technologist, Atlantis Seafoods - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Software Developer, Delta Print & Packaging, - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Freshwater Fish Scientist, Goatsbridge Trout Farm - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Process Manufacturing Engineer, JW Kane Precision - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Horticultural Project Engineer, Kilmoon Cross Nurseries - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Development Technologist, McCormack Farms Ltd - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Senior Project Engineer, Newbridge Metal Products Ltd - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Software Developer, Tascomi Ltd - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Design and Product Development Manager, Surfaceform - InterTradeIreland FUSION programme
    Java Developer Front End - AOL
    Business Support Administrator - Volkswagen Bank Ireland
    The Center of Expertise (CoE), Support Engineer. - SAP SSC (Ireland) Ltd.
    Support Consultant (with Spanish) - SAP SSC (Ireland) Ltd.

Events

Law Careers Fair - Trinity College Dublin
    Date: 11th October 2011 09:00
    Computing Careers Event - Trinity College Dublin
    Date: 24th October 2011 12:30
    Careers and Postgraduate Studies Fair - Letterkenny Institute of Technology
    Date: 24th October 2011 12:00
    WIT Careers Centre Bootcamp – Get your Career In Shape - Waterford Institute of Technology
    Date: 26th September 2011 10:00

Etc.

• Advertisement

Perfect for a music graduate!! :pac:

Yep! Luckily enough I want to be a Composer & Teacher so I'll be mainly self
    employed/have a publishing or record deal, get commissions(live off the arts council) and work in academia...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Am I the only one who still has no clue what he's gonna do for the Halloween ball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I seriously doubt it :) I recommend using a black bin bag and an empty cereal box as your costume.

/nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Anybody suiting up tomorrow? :P

Anybody suiting up tomorrow? :P

I suit up every (week)day :P

I seriously doubt it :) I recommend using a black bin bag and an empty cereal box as your costume.

/nostalgia

Yeah probably in the words of Yoda do that, I will.

I hate that its in the SU though. Nothing wrong with the venue but I've been there everyday since I started in Maynooth.

I would love it if the event was on in the Glenroyal, you know kinda like the debs, just a proper ball.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Yeah probably in the words of Yoda do that, I will.

I hate that its in the SU though. Nothing wrong with the venue but I've been there everyday since I started in Maynooth.

I would love it if the event was on in the Glenroyal, you know kinda like the debs, just a proper ball.

Halloween ball is the best night you will have in the SU. That and the beach ball.

Anyway debs but with fancy dress? I can't see that working

Halloween ball is the best night you will have in the SU. That and the beach ball.

Anyway debs but with fancy dress? I can't see that working

Alright cool, I will see how it goes.

I am defo looking forward to it, especially if I can convince a few of my mates to come along.

I'm guessing much more will happen on the night aside from just Her Majesty & The Wolves.

• Advertisement

The Grad Ireland fair is pretty crap, unless they've really changed it in the last year or so. So really don't be going there with high expectations. You'll all get loads of free pens though, which is handy :D

I should have listened to you!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement