Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Shameless Cuallacht na Gaeilge Plug...
    Ciorcal Comhrá inniu ag 14:30 ag Chill!!
    Informal Irish conversation group at 14:30 in Chill! (We'll also be discussing the events that will take place over the year) Bígí linn!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

Anybody suiting up tomorrow? :P

I've seen a lack of suits so far :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Just read through the latest issue of the Print, from that link on facebook. Well done informing students about the two important constitutional referendums that we'll all have a say in on the 27th, and of course the Dublin by-election for those registered in Dublin West.

Oh wait... maybe I skipped over that page by accident? I probably missed it, old eyes etc. It's probably not important anyway. Not when there's US Republican Presidential candidates to discuss. For instance.

Seriously, someone tell me I missed a page.

mickstupp wrote: »
    Just read through the latest issue of the Print, from that link on facebook. Well done informing students about the two important constitutional referendums that we'll all have a say in on the 27th, and of course the Dublin by-election for those registered in Dublin West.

Oh wait... maybe I skipped over that page by accident? I probably missed it, old eyes etc. It's probably not important anyway. Not when there's US Republican Presidential candidates to discuss. For instance.

Maybe the article you contributed got lost in the post?
    Not being smart, but it annoys me when people point out the mistakes of a student newspaper (or anything) instead of contributing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Not being smart, but it annoys me when people point out the mistakes of a student newspaper (or anything) instead of contributing!

Annoys me when 1000 students ask the SU not to do something and they still do. But you know, such is life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I definitely agree. I am from Dublin West and am shocked by the lack of coverage of this election. The way it is going we will end up with a hypocritical (Patrick Nulty of Labour) or an incompetent (Eithne Loftus of FG) politician being elected.

Far too much focus on electing a ribbon cutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Boards is getting awfully political lately.

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Annoys me when 1000 students ask the SU not to do something and they still do. But you know, such is life.

I'm getting the vibe that you aren't a major fan of the union?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I should have listened to you!!

I speak from experience :D

And mickstupp, pretty certain there will be an article on the referendums in the next issue, which will be out before the polling day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 SWOT

After the ECDL and Sabre simulation, the Business department can shove the 30 quid mandatory clicker up where the sun does not shine :rolleyes:

Teaching us Business students a valuable lesson in how it feels to be screwed since 1st year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I think that's probably a fair point. I could've written something and sent it in but I didn't. I assumed the SU, who do seem to try their best to inform students about everything, would have let people know about it in the student paper. Especially since the vast majority of media focus so far has been on the presidential election. I assumed.
    But I'd ask whether you think anyone should ever complain about omissions or point out mistakes? Maybe only if they've contributed they should be allowed?
    And mickstupp, pretty certain there will be an article on the referendums in the next issue, which will be out before the polling day.
    Great stuff. Thanks. Again with the assumptions, I thought this would be the last one before the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

The referendums are already pencilled in the next issue of The Print, released on Tuesday the 25th of October.

As for the US Republican candidate coverage in Features, a student contributor wished to cover the issue and did so.

If you want to guarantee that an issue is covered in your Students' Union newspaper, the best way is to get involved as a contributor. The next proper meeting of contributors will be 6.30pm in Meeting Rooms 3 / 4 on Tuesday the 25th, dissecting the third issue and planning the fourth as well as addressing any further agenda items added by the contributors.

If you'd rather not become a contributor, you could suggest stories to the contributors for them to cover via theprint@nuimsu.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Do the capitation lists go up online anywhere?
    Or does the Union not do that any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Usually in the Print isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Anyone know what the deadline is this month for dropping out without losing fees and such?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Anyone know what the deadline is this month for dropping out without losing fees and such?

October 31st, but seeing as that's a bank holiday, Friday 28th is the last day really.

Duddy wrote: »
    Usually in the Print isn't it?

It hasn't been in The Print in the last two years, but I have it pencilled in for the next issue following any and all capitation appeals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Nekro Man wrote: »

I saw two suits. Saps.

Notevenfunny.

So >that's< who it came from!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Made it to the new roost at last, not as bad as feared. The front lounge part is quite nice. They also had two staff members outside asking if people enjoyed their night or what that didn't like/would like to see in the future. Really good idea. Would say the two of them were freezing by the end of the night though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Nekro Man wrote: »

I saw two suits. Saps.

5 people in my class had suits.. And there only about 30-something people in my course

=D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

lordgoat wrote: »
    Made it to the new roost at last, not as bad as feared. The front lounge part is quite nice. They also had two staff members outside asking if people enjoyed their night or what that didn't like/would like to see in the future. Really good idea. Would say the two of them were freezing by the end of the night though!

I honestly think they've ruined Thursdays in there. I enjoyed the Roost on a Thursday because it was the day before everyone was heading home for the weekend so it was nice to just go for a few pints and you could walk around chatting to everyone as you please but you could still go up the dancefloor if you wanted.

Now, it's far better looking, but they pack the downstairs lounge and have designed the stage so that the "crowd" are standing in front of the bar and blocking the way between the entrance and the toilets/smoking area/rest of the downstairs. I popped in on Thursday and felt absolutely cramped in the place and left(though I was sober so that was half the reason I'd say).

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Yeah, I don't like it either. It's always jammers in there, especially just inside the door and the dancing area upstairs. There's tables up in the dancing area too which is just silly! It feels quite Mantra-ish now which is poop! Thursdays there used to be the bestest :(

The Lion King is such an awesome movie. Total waste of 3D though, scammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

It's the CIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIFE!!!!!

Sphere of life in 3D ;)

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    The Lion King is such an awesome movie. Total waste of 3D though, scammers.

Going tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT!

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth going to see 'le roi lion' in 3D.
    I think it is!
    Now, to convince my non-French speaking classmates that it's a good idea... Hmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

I'm waiting on the college to pay back some of my rent money, I've been moved out a month now and was expecting it quickly, getting quite worried. Where should I be going the fees office or the residence office again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement