Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I have no idea what's going on here anymore!!

need to be on boards more...stupid college work getting in the way of everything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Schubert conference was tha bomb,
    soz you guys missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

If only there was a lecturer in Maynooth who knew everything there could possibly be to know about Schubert.

*thinks hard*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone know if library books can be renewed online?...wanna take a week long loan out but don't want to have to come back over the reading week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

No, has to be done by-hand. Also apparently week-loan books can't be renewed anyway: http://library.nuim.ie/services-facilities/borrowing

Edit: Standard-loan books can be renewed online? Never knew that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I am fucccccccccked for handing this essay in tomorrow. And I just skipped another day of lectures :( >.<

I need halpz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

How are the Arts Block cats? I miss them!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I am fucccccccccked for handing this essay in tomorrow. And I just skipped another day of lectures :( >.<

I need halpz.

What's it on?

Cool_CM wrote: »
    How are the Arts Block cats? I miss them!
    They were delicious

What's it on?
    Daniel O'Connell and the long-term consequences of his political achievements. I know how to answer the question, but I can never write essays when I feel like crap.

I actually haven't seen the cats around the arts block since the summer, I wonder what happened to them (apart from Daemos of course).

• Advertisement

I have to work on three assignments - one of which is due tomorrow - and do a sh1tload of reading for a seminar - also tomorrow

So naturally I'm wasting my time on Boards and Facebook. Very productive, that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

I've 3 due after the midterm, schound!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

It's a bit wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

So I've heard.
    Lovely over here, though! =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

It's a bit wet.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Slippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Received 141 emails in less than an hour from students about the flooding. A *lot* of students won't be able to commute tomorrow. Request a temporary suspension of all academic activities / lectures off causa wind n' rain? Yay? Nay?

Not sure but I've two ICAs, one at 9am and one at 10am, worth 17% and 25% respectively, I reckon I'll be alright to get in but I can imagine there'll be many who won't and that's not really fair. Roads to and from maynooth were badly flooded when I left this afternoon..

Too late to call it off, CA, etc, won't count possibly, that's probably the best way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I was in a bad mood earlier, but watching Sean Gallagher take a pasting in tonight's debate has cheered me up no end.

• Advertisement

Watching it on VinnieB now, hilarious. **** you Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

banquo wrote: »
    Received 141 emails in less than an hour from students about the flooding. A *lot* of students won't be able to commute tomorrow. Request a temporary suspension of all academic activities / lectures off causa wind n' rain? Yay? Nay?

A thousand times yay. If I've to get out of bed at 6:30 tomorrow morning and the college is closed when I get there, I will hunt you down, Rob.

I follow my lecturer for the ICA tomorrow on twitter and he's actively tweeting now.. is it inappropriate to ask him about the ICA, and whether or not it's gonna be on, via that route...?

A formal email might be better if you know he's online?

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    A formal email might be better if you know he's online?

That didn't even occur to me. D'oh.

I hear there's a Boots stand giving out free stuff in the arts block? What are they giving away? If it's make up/nail varnish imma be cranky.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

I hear there's a Boots stand giving out free stuff in the arts block? What are they giving away? If it's make up/nail varnish imma be cranky.

perfume and vitamins and make up, but dont be too cranky they were only old (mostly used) testers, i did get a good unopened eyeliner but the perfume was disgusting. if you signed up for a boots card u also got a free bag i think, i already had a card though and there was something about a raffle?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Landlord wants me to pay for Hallowen Study break, even though I wont be there?

Its not clear on the website, but is this the norm? Seems like a piss take to me, dont understand why the college guidelines allow it.

So basically they just use my deposit to treat themselves during my holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Anyone looking for a Professor Green ticket, I will let you know I have one for sale and 50% off face-value.

€10 for one ticket, if you're interested PM me or see my notice on the bulletin board outside the Arts block reading room.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

DB10 wrote: »
    Landlord wants me to pay for Hallowen Study break, even though I wont be there?

Its not clear on the website, but is this the norm? Seems like a piss take to me, dont understand why the college guidelines allow it.

So basically they just use my deposit to treat themselves during my holidays?

That's pretty normal tbh. I don't know anyone who doesn't have to pay for holidays. It's only one week and then you can come up if you need to without any hassle!
    karaokeman wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a Professor Green ticket, I will let you know I have one for sale and 50% off face-value.

€10 for one ticket,
    if you're interested PM me or see my notice on the bulletin board outside the Arts block reading room.

Is that not 33% off?

Wow, I'm being a real bitch today :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement