Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

DB10 wrote: »
    Landlord wants me to pay for Hallowen Study break, even though I wont be there?

Its not clear on the website, but is this the norm? Seems like a piss take to me, dont understand why the college guidelines allow it.

So basically they just use my deposit to treat themselves during my holidays?

Eh you're still renting from them for that break? Unless you want to move all your stuff out, find someone else move in and pay for the week, then move all your stuff back in after you've gotten the other person to move out again, you don't really have a choice. I've never heard of it being any other way.. :confused:

Both ICAs were cancelled this morning, one lecturers couldn't make it in herself and the other had recieved like 40 emails saying that it was going to be super hard to get in. I'm sure people could have managed it if they had been in the afternoon but for 9am it was always going to be difficult!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Does anybody know what the deal is with selling books in the shop in the arts block. I lost my receipt thing can I still get my moolah? I suppose I'll go in tomorrow and check but just wondering if anybody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Is that not 33% off?

Wow, I'm being a real bitch today :D

You are correct it is 33% off but seriously if anyone's up for it the offer's there;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Xqzciara wrote: »
    perfume and vitamins and make up, but dont be too cranky they were only old (mostly used) testers, i did get a good unopened eyeliner but the perfume was disgusting. if you signed up for a boots card u also got a free bag i think, i already had a card though and there was something about a raffle?
    Used testers, eww. Like it's grand if you're just testing a bit on your hand, but to use full time? Naahh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Xqzciara wrote: »
    perfume and vitamins and make up, but dont be too cranky they were only old (mostly used) testers, i did get a good unopened eyeliner but the perfume was disgusting. if you signed up for a boots card u also got a free bag i think, i already had a card though and there was something about a raffle?

Eh, I don't know what you got but none of mine were testers! That's gross! You can't give them away, even for free!!

I got lipgloss, vitamins, shampoo, conditioner and hair spray, all brand new and sealed the way boots always seal stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I think I speak for all men in Maynooth when I say: where's our free stuff?

LeixlipRed, I want a petition!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I think I speak for all men in Maynooth when I say: where's our free stuff?

LeixlipRed, I want a petition!

You're welcome to the free stuff too! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I'll pass, thanks.

My lipstick and perfume wearing days are over.

You're welcome to the free stuff too! ;)
    Indeed. Vitamins and hair stuff aren't just for women :P

I LOVE this song:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Anyone know what time the reading room in the arts block opens at? I got some serious work to do.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what time the reading room in the arts block opens at? I got some serious work to do.
    It's usually open very early! Around 6am I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

My petition days are over, I'm in a blissful place, Shels are back in the Premier Division, **** me I love football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Union Council, oh my!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orl677

DB10 wrote: »
    Landlord wants me to pay for Hallowen Study break, even though I wont be there?

Its not clear on the website, but is this the norm? Seems like a piss take to me, dont understand why the college guidelines allow it.

So basically they just use my deposit to treat themselves during my holidays?

A lot of students seem to be puzzled by this one. Basically the landlord has to pay the mortgage on the property; they do this by having tenants pay rent. If you're renting a room in a property and you won't be around for a week or so, you still gotta pay rent, this is absolutely standard.

I was away for 2 months before and still payed rent for that period. There wasn't much I could do there, except get someone in in my place to cover the rent while I wasn't there, or move out (providing I gave 35 days notice).
    I think every student should get their hands on those pamphlets from Threshold on Tenant and Landlord rights and responsibilites. Oh, and - straying a bit here but - make sure you have a rent book that states the condition of the property when you moved in, and all your rent payments signed by the landlord as often as possible - this is your right by law though an unbelievable amount of people I know don't have one. I would always make sure of it becuase of a previous situation where I got stung financially for something ridiculous - landlord pulling a fast one. ;)

Duddy wrote: »
    Union Council, oh my!:)
    2 hours long!! Did get pizza though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Longest. Union. Council. Ever.

banquo wrote: »
    Longest. Union. Council. Ever.
    Entertaining enough though. Aengus' speech about the protest was savage. And some of us made slight fools of ourselves (i.e. me) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Postgrad Rep co-opted again? Voted for by undergrad council reps, that's democratic. Jokeshop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Just finished my MA thesis. Phew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Just finished my MA thesis. Phew.
    Nom! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

If council is ever that long again, cushions will be brought.
    Please give ample warning in future *rubs numb butt*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

What made it go so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

DB21 wrote: »
    What made it go so long?

so. many. innuendos. must. resist.

*ahem*

Just lots of voting, information and a guest speaker from good auld Leopold Bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Did anyone see the great Adrian Kavanagh on the RTÉ election special there? Missed a lot of it. Only saw he was on it when I was in the shop getting a roll. Caught 5 minutes at the end. Up there with the best lecturers I had in Maynooth. The effort and time he puts into his modules is amazing especially the Political Geography one. How he was time to do any research at the same time as the modules is unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Just walked past this in Meadowbrook. You students are funny peoples! :D

373838_2413790378470_1062605360_32792183_89972364_n.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Just walked past this in Meadowbrook. You students are funny peoples! :D

]

Are you back around these parts?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

trololol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Someone over at AH bumped the Boards match maker, so here's mine:

bmmq.jpg

Slightly worried that banquo is on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Buronikisuu 10 hearts.

vKkiC.png

Hellllllooooooo Nurse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Haha, forgot about that yoke!

jvDhw.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement