Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

STOP MENTIONING THE C WORD. IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER, FOR FUCK SAKE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

It's not even Guy Fawkes' night. Or Thanksgiving! Don't we have to get over those before we can mention the other holiday?
    but Christmas stuff went up in Dunnes on the first of the month. And I don't mean November, I mean October!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 orl677

How so Joe wrote: »
    Christmas stuff went up in Dunnes on the first of the month. And I don't mean November, I mean October!

Disgusting carry on :mad: really is one of my pet hates. Its got steadily worse in the last 5-6 years. I used to like Christmas, now its over for me by late November, at which point I've had just about enough. Im lucky though, my entire family have done away with christmas gifts, we just meet up for a knees up on the 26th each year, and someone has their turn at making an historical mess of themselves - eases the pain of the whole thing enormously :p

orl677 wrote: »
    Disgusting carry on :mad: really is one of my pet hates. Its got steadily worse in the last 5-6 years. I used to like Christmas, now its over for me by late November, at which point I've had just about enough. Im lucky though, my entire family have done away with christmas gifts, we just meet up for a knees up on the 26th each year, and someone has their turn at making an historical mess of themselves - eases the pain of the whole thing enormously :p
    Christmas this year should be good for my family, 'cause myself and my sister have both moved out, so we'll have like, a Christmas reunion. And I'll FINALLY be finished in France. Yaaaaaay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Happy 51-days-till-Christmas! :D

Honestly though, I really don't understand why people let it bug them, all the big businesses are gonna do it to remain competitive, it's no big deal. I like all the pretty lights and funny songs though so maybe I'm biased :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

If it's any consolation they went up here around the end of October.

Except here they see Christmas as a time for couples to go to KFC.

Can anyone tell me if external students can claim social welfare during the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Can anyone tell me if external students can claim social welfare during the year?

I don't think they can, seeing as even though they are repeating externally they are still registered students.

If it's any consolation they went up here around the end of October.

Except here they see Christmas as a time for couples to go to KFC.
    Apparently Sanders there is somewhat of a cult figure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

It's true alright. I have an embarrassing photo or two with me, the statue and lots of drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

It's true alright. I have an embarrassing photo or two with me, the statue and lots of drink.

Shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

yiz are all a bunch of grinches.

I'm currently reorganising my room, and it's now in that hell-on-earth state you get half way through.

DB21 wrote: »
    I'm currently reorganising my room, and it's now in that hell-on-earth state you get half way through.
    Oh god, do you want to reorganise mine? Because it has been in that hellish stage for the past few weeks now >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

I admit defeat long before I start...saves time.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭markontap

Anyone know how long we have access to our webmail accounts after graduation?

Friend of mine graduated two years ago and still has access to his.
    Dunno what the official cut-off date is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

markontap wrote: »
    Anyone know how long we have access to our webmail accounts after graduation?

I graduated in September and still have access to my email and to Moodle. Currently in the process of taking down all my lecture notes and resources and putting them onto an external hard drive. No reason for it only that I'm bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

After 7 months of getting emails from the Mail Administrator about an overquota warning I finally decided to delete my biggest emails. I'm down to 49% of use now. That should keep me going for another few years again.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Saw Lana Del Rey last night in Glasgow.

Amazing.

• Advertisement

Saw Lana Del Rey last night in Glasgow.

Amazing.
    I'd say it was!

If anyone needs a fill of drama, read the UL forum on here :pac: It's like that class rep training thread we had, but on steroids.

If anyone needs a fill of drama, read the UL forum on here :pac: It's like that class rep training thread we had, but on steroids.

0__0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

So how did everyone actually get on with their study for the week off?

I know that I still have a lot to catch up on and a lot more I could've done:D.

karaokeman wrote: »
    So how did everyone actually get on with their study for the week off?

I know that I still have a lot to catch up on and a lot more I could've done:D.

I'll put it this way; I had a maths assignment to do over the week off. I still have a maths assignment to do :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'll put it this way; I had a maths assignment to do over the week off. I still have a maths assignment to do :pac:
    Same. I have two to do, including an assignment about badgers. Yes, badgers

I actually would've had more peace and quiet if I stayed the week rather than go home

Lecturer once asked me how badgers transmit Bovine Tuberculosis to Cows.

Turns out "They...cough on them?" isn't the right answer:/

I spent my weekend reading economics, designing ballot papers and logos for fictional Performing Arts Schools, oh lawdy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a bit of a doss week.

Similarly I had an English assignment to do over the week and I still have that same English assignment to do. And its due tomorrow, yikes:eek:

Good thing I'm not in until 12pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Awaiting pizza.

/taps foot impatiently

Duddy wrote: »
    Lecturer once asked me how badgers transmit Bovine Tuberculosis to Cows.

Turns out "They...cough on them?" isn't the right answer:/

Fcuking TB, the amount of times I've had to get up early to help my daddy move cattle because of TB tests is unreal.

/culchie

• Advertisement

banquo wrote: »
    Awaiting pizza.

/taps foot impatiently

There's a dominos pizza on my street. One of the only things I like about this damned place. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement