Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

What free software are you using? I'd be interested in getting into it as well.

I use Mixxx (www.mixxx.org). They recently updated it, although I prefer to use the older version (you can download that here http://mixxx.en.softonic.com/) because of its layout, it makes it easier to beatmatch visually, because unless you're using headphones (which you're probably not if you're just messing around with software) it's very difficult. But yeah, try either, you'll get a feel for it.

There's also virtual dj which is a bit more popular, but I'm not a fan. Unfortunately the newest version of Mixxx is basically exactly the same as virtual dj. Ah well....

Sorry about the spiel, I know you asked a simple question but there ya go :cool:

EDIT: Actually, scrap what I said about the earlier version being easier to use. You can change the layout with the newest version. So download that one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Odd questions to ask on a Sunday night but here goes, is Bertie Still an honorary lecturer in the University and did he ever receive a salary from there in?

He is, but all his guest lectures are held in the glen royal (security reasons I'm told),
    and as far as I know, he receives no remuneration for his speaking from the university.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    He is, but all his guest lectures are held in the glen royal (security reasons I'm told),
    and as far as I know, he receives no remuneration for his speaking from the university.

Oh gee, I wonder what those security concerns are :P

On another note; Who's awesome? I'm awesome :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Today I discovered the secluded spot near the campus where all the squirrels hang out. This makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I use Mixxx (www.mixxx.org). They recently updated it, although I prefer to use the older version (you can download that here http://mixxx.en.softonic.com/) because of its layout, it makes it easier to beatmatch visually, because unless you're using headphones (which you're probably not if you're just messing around with software) it's very difficult. But yeah, try either, you'll get a feel for it.

There's also virtual dj which is a bit more popular, but I'm not a fan. Unfortunately the newest version of Mixxx is basically exactly the same as virtual dj. Ah well....

Sorry about the spiel, I know you asked a simple question but there ya go :cool:

EDIT: Actually, scrap what I said about the earlier version being easier to use. You can change the layout with the newest version. So download that one :P

I downloaded it there. Bit confusing at the moment. I'll give it a few days before I get the hang of it. Loaded a few tunes from my iPod there a while ago. I managed to get a loop of a beat going. Sounded pretty good I have to say.

Unfortunately all the songs I have loaded have backing tracks on them so when I try and mix the beat in with it it sounds useless. Managed to find a few acapella versions of songs on YouTube. All I need to do now is download them and I'll be sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Is the NUIM Wireless not working for anyone else? On Three internet at the moment

Daemos wrote: »
    Is the NUIM Wireless not working for anyone else? On Three internet at the moment

It went down earlier as well. Computer Center must be up to something

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

I downloaded it there. Bit confusing at the moment. I'll give it a few days before I get the hang of it. Loaded a few tunes from my iPod there a while ago. I managed to get a loop of a beat going. Sounded pretty good I have to say.

Unfortunately all the songs I have loaded have backing tracks on them so when I try and mix the beat in with it it sounds useless. Managed to find a few acapella versions of songs on YouTube. All I need to do now is download them and I'll be sorted.

There's a handy Sync function with that program which will automatically sync the bpm's of both tracks so you can basically cheat at beatmatching (doing it by ear is hella difficult). Try it out if ya want. Always a good idea to load the same track twice and beatmatch the same song with itself, just to give ya a feel for it. Tonnes of stuff on youtube anyways. Have fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Community has pretty much been cancelled.

KVr8x.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

My food keeps steaming up my glasses every time I try to eat it.
    What is this trickery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

annie-scream.gif

I shall miss Annie the most.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Someone at the protest sign-ups fraped me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

KVr8x.gif

Was it actually any good??...always seemed like a show that should have been made fun of on The Soup but wasn't because of the host.

SO GOOD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Strange day. It started not so good with four hours sleep, got rapidly worse, then got really good with a kickass midterm result, then died a horrible death with sad Community news.

I wish Pierce was my granddad.

And I wish Britta was my special lady friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

It technically hasn't been cancelled, it's just not in the NBC post-christmas schedule. Apparently the last episodes of season 3 will be shown some time. That doesn't make me very optimistic for its future though :/

/obsessive fan

Turtytird, you should watch it, it's a really great show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

yet two and half ****e is still going

I haz a huge tired after today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I need to talk to the security people asap, what's the best way to contact them? I've tried ringing the doorbell at various times during the day but I'm getting nowhere. Can't find a number for them, only an extension and I don't know what to put before it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I need to talk to the security people asap, what's the best way to contact them? I've tried ringing the doorbell at various times during the day but I'm getting nowhere. Can't find a number for them, only an extension and I don't know what to put before it :o

01-708 + EXT

if you want to call a university extension

for example 017086436 gets you the SU president...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    01-708 + EXT

if you want to call a university extension

for example 017086436 gets you the SU president...

>stores phone number for mischief<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Go to room and finish assignment, or stay up eating brownies and spend all day tomorrow rushing to get it done? Decisions, decisions...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Daemos wrote: »
    Go to room and finish assignment, or stay up eating brownies and spend all day tomorrow rushing to get it done? Decisions, decisions...

How about brownies and assignment together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It ruins the brownies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭the_observer

Community being shelved is bulls**t. Furious. NBC are trying to take, among other things, Alison Brie away from me, and for that they will pay.

*plots doom*

-Dave

K4t wrote: »
    It ruins the brownies!

Makes the assignment so much better though!

Does anyone know the best way for me to get from the Institute on Leeson Street to Maynooth this eve?

• Advertisement

Train?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement