Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Lads, when do the repeats generally start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Lads, when do the repeats generally start?

bit early to be thinking of that, no? You've got a decent chance at passing them first time round?!
    They start in August, generally the second week, I think. But you're best off not making plans for August at all at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

BLANKS TONIGHT!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The common room has basically turned into a nightclub with all the loud music and dancing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Gone off Mi wadi flying all over the place!

• Advertisement

Speculoos spread. Oh. My. God.
    Why don't we have that in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

How so Joe wrote: »
    Speculoos spread. Oh. My. God.
    Why don't we have that in Ireland??

from what the internet seems to suggest , would i be right in saying it tastes like those delicious cinnamon biscuit things that fancy coffee shops give you ?

from what the internet seems to suggest , would i be right in saying it tastes like those delicious cinnamon biscuit things that fancy coffee shops give you ?
    That's exactly what it is. It's divine. And you can get a crunchy version which has chunks of biscuit in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

That's exactly what it is. It's divine. And you can get a crunchy version which has chunks of biscuit in it.

Me%20Gusta.png?1318992465

how has this secret been kept for so long

I think it's 'cause the French and the Belgians are selfish bastards.

Incidentally, Interpol is the most boring place in the world, ever. No lie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

Incidentally, Interpol is the most boring place in the world, ever. No lie.

Did you think it was going to be like Team America?
    Its nothing but a sea of desks and people answering phones I'd imagine

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    Did you think it was going to be like Team America?
    Its nothing but a sea of desks and people answering phones I'd imagine
    We didn't even get that. We were just put in a room and droned at. A tour would have satisfied me... :(

We didn't even get that. We were just put in a room and droned at. A tour would have satisfied me... :(

I can't imagine a tour of Interpol being much better,
    "And this room on the right is where we store the different types of paper clips that we require for different types of forms",
    but sometimes field trips are boring.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Anyone know where I could get packet sandwiches without walking to Tesco?

Tried dunnes and centra, didnt seem to have any :/

DB10 wrote: »

Aldi not doing cheap sandwiches any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

The canteen have them too. Upstairs in Costa coffee. Bewley's in arts too. Londis.

lol thanks I really should have looked harder shouldnt I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

by packet you mean pre-made sandwhiches ye?

If so dunnes and centra do sell them, the dunnes are pretty cheap too as far as I remember.

wonton wrote: »
    by packet you mean pre-made sandwhiches ye?

If so dunnes and centra do sell them, the dunnes are pretty cheap too as far as I remember.
    Dunnes do a meal deal, certain sandwiches + crisps + water/OJ/Cranberry/Apple Juice for like, two fifty or three fifty, something fairly cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The train I'm on smells like cabbage -_-

The train I'm on smells like cabbage

Me%20Gusta.png

FTFY

Another question
    :pac:

Is there no computers in the college that operate microsoft word 2010?

One of my assignments cant be graded because its on word 2010, I'm trying to find somewhere to convert it to 2007 if that makes sense.

I've already tried 3 of the PACR places, not the library yet.

The college should really update the computers! I mean it is a university! :confused:

The college should really update the computers! I mean it is a university! :confused:

Thats not going to happen anytime soon, the crapness of windows vista scared the computer centre off upgrades for a while, so much so they decided to skip it.

For support purposes they tend to stick to a standard set of software across most computers. (This is to help reduce the number of problems between keyboard and chair)

I think the computer science department lab machines might have office 2010,
    Find a CS student and ask nicely for them to help you.

I wont have time now anyway, but for future does that mean its best to do assignments in word 2007?

I've done others in word 2010 and they have worked, I just dont understand how this one cant be opened when other assignments can.

I wont have time now anyway, but for future does that mean its best to do assignments in word 2007?

I've done others in word 2010 and they have worked, I just dont understand how this one cant be opened when other assignments can.

depends on who's marking it and if your using things which are only available on word 2010.

I know some lecturers demand assignments in .doc so it'll work in word 2003.
    If your getting nowhere, export your work as a pdf and send that to them instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I dislike Wednesdays. Just drags on. In other news, I have reached the end of the internet :Dhttp://www.wwwdotcom.com/

Everyone come into Londis and say hello to me! (After 4 :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Free tea and muffins for boardsies all year then yeah??:D Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

I dislike Wednesdays. Just drags on. In other news, I have reached the end of the internet :Dhttp://www.wwwdotcom.com/

Everyone come into Londis and say hello to me! (After 4 :P)

done :P that strange foreign cereal bar was delish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Beidh Seomra na Gaeilge ar oscailt an Lá ar fad amarach agus beidh roinnt bia agus Gaeilge le fáil ann! Buail isteach chuaginn chun Hey a rá! Also, beidh céilí na bPobal ar siúl sa Phuball taobh amuigh d'Áras Hume amarach, píosa craic atá geallta!!
    Seomra na Gaeilge in the arts block will be open all day tomorrow, call and say Hi, and have some of the free food! Then tomorrow evening, there will be a céilí in the Mental Health Tent starting at 20:30! Promises to be a good day!!
    (I'll be the lad in the green t-shirt with the lobster on it!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement