Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

DB21 wrote: »
    :eek:

I know! I couldn't believe it, so awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

40 euro is the cut off rate is the highest you can be charged too I believe

Nah, I've definitely heard of people having higher fines than that. Remember someone in my building in first year saying they had a fine of like 60 euro because they lost a day loan. It could have been brought in since then I suppose though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Nah, I've definitely heard of people having higher fines than that. Remember someone in my building in first year saying they had a fine of like 60 euro because they lost a day loan. It could have been brought in since then I suppose though.

One of my friends ran up €18 in one day last year because he didn't know laptops could only be borrowed for 3 hours. He thought they were for as long as you wanted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

How so Joe wrote: »
    Considering all flights out of Lyon are cancelled today and either severely delayed or cancelled for the rest of the weekend, it looks like I'm gonna be spending a little more time here than I anticipated. :mad::mad::mad:

I bloody hate the French and their national pastime of striking.

Lyon. I've been in and out of there at various times and days, and each time without exception, whenever I needed the 'facilities' they were all being cleaned and therefore closed at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

lemansky wrote: »
    Lyon. I've been in and out of there at various times and days, and each time without exception, whenever I needed the 'facilities' they were all being cleaned and therefore closed at the same time.
    Maybe it's a conspiracy against you? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

DB21 wrote: »
    One of my friends ran up €18 in one day last year because he didn't know laptops could only be borrowed for 3 hours. He thought they were for as long as you wanted :pac:

Sick. I knocked up a €16 fine over a study break because I took out "Raging Bull" on dvd. Worst thing was I never even got around to watching it.

I also had a few other +€10 fines. In total I reckon I paid the library between €100 and €150 over my three years. I even had to go in an hour before I graduated and pay off a €20 fine.

I probably funded half of the new extension. I deserve to have a plaque outside commemorating my significant contribution :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

My biggest [and only] fine was around €30, I think. Took out a day-loan book and thought it was a standard-loan one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I certainly made extensive contributions to the library extension.(fecking day loans) I expect to be invited to open it.

Sometimes I really miss Maynooth :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Was once offered to pay off 300-ish in overdue fines from a book that I'd apparently had out for years, or to replace the book.

I replaced the book.

Was once offered to pay off 300-ish in overdue fines from a book that I'd apparently had out for years, or to replace the book.

I replaced the book.

Daemos wrote: »
    My biggest [and only] fine was around 30, I think. Took out a day-loan book and thought it was a standard-loan one

That's what happened to me. The sticker was on the front as opposed to the side so I didn't notice.

I just had the nicest cup of tea ever. I love being back at home <3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

banquo wrote: »

I replaced the book.

You win! Your're getting the insect-like statue in your honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Assignments all done for 1st semester, now to study..
    *faceplants onto books*

I've the worst cold ever right now, I swear I'm dying ;_; all I've been able to do for the last few days is sit in bed, drink copious amounts of fluids and watch Parks and Rec. Ron Swanson may be the total opposite of me, but he's my hero now.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

I found Dave Allen. Needless to say work has been harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

So, anyone else miss College?

Not at all actually, nice to be home for a change.

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    I found Dave Allen. Needless to say work has been harder.

hes amaaaaaaaaazing

• Advertisement

Not even his best stuff. Dave Allen At Large is the coolest, slickest, show I've ever seen. I'm actually mesmerised by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Spent the day studying tort law and sexual offences in Criminal law. Then I discovered Community. It is incredible.

Oh it's brilliant. Was re-watching it today!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

For anyone who's interested in Community, Donald Glover AKA Childish Gambino has an album out. It's pretty class. Here's my favourite track off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Assignments all done for 1st semester, now to study..
    *faceplants onto books*

Finished the Poop and Jizz essay?

Community is brilliant and I'm going to fail my degree.

Edit: Poop and Jizz is finally finished with me, though, I hate it so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭lsuzanne1987

I am dying of the cold too. Reading is about all I can manage study wise. I hate getting sick around Xmas.

Other shows that are fantastic: Modern Family and Big Bang Theory.

Film: The Guard (Modern Irish classic)

Any one got any good cures for the cold??

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

According to South Park, sprite and campbell's chicken soup.

For anyone who's interested in Community, Donald Glover AKA Childish Gambino has an album out. It's pretty class. Here's my favourite track off it.

This will be in my head allllll day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Great song off a good album.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement