Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Aw I like all the Community love on this thread :) Watch Parks and Recreation too if you get a chance, it's a brilliant show.

Just on the way home after doing present shopping in Sligo. It was so busy!! What's everyone getting for Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

banquo wrote: »
    This will be in my head allllll day.

Check the album out cause there's plenty more where that came from. The beats that he chooses are great. Another good one is this. Wait for the hook to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Went for casual beers last night.. turned out to be all boardsies.
    Cannot escape the interwebs.. -.-'

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

We are everywhere

Lessons learned from thursday night - protip : the full irish in the glenroyal is not worth 11 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Yeah, but this was AFTER your train got stuck outside broombridge for what, 40 minutes? It remains the most exciting thing that has happened to me all year.

• Advertisement

We are everywhere

Lessons learned from thursday night - protip : the full irish in the glenroyal is not worth 11 euro

Lesson learned that night, the chocolate cake in the Roost is definitely worth €4.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Just saw this on channel 4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Lesson learned that night, the chocolate cake in the Roost is definitely worth €4.50!

it looked amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Alt_Grrr

I wish somebody brought some cheese to go with Banquo's whine. It would have made it a much more bareable.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Arts block open this week??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭BuroniKiisu

Arts block open this week??

It should be - it's usually kept open by security for any international students who may be spending the holidays on campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

It should be - it's usually kept open by security for any international students who may be spending the holidays on campus.

Excellent. And so the study begins! Nollaig shona agus athbhlian faoi mhaise daoibh ar fad!

So much work to do >.< HALP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

So much work to do >.< HALP

Ugh, tell me about it. I've left it all to the last two weeks again, I never learn! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevonicus

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Ugh, tell me about it. I've left it all to the last two weeks again, I never learn! :mad:

Sure, don't we all do that?

Now back to solid state electronics notes....

Stevonicus wrote: »
    Sure, don't we all do that?

Now back to solid state electronics notes....

Experimental Physics? I'm cramming for Mathematical at the moment :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Ugh, study. Suppose I should start some Calculus tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

This time next week, I will be pooing myself because I will have done nothing for my exam the next day. I should really do something about that...

I can guarantee that I'll be having a fcuking panic attack this time next week too. I hate exams >.< I've so much to do right now and all I've done over the last few days is watch Party Down, swoon over Adam Scott, be mildly suicidal and eat chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Does anyone know what the wages would be working in a pub in Maynooth for the summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the wages would be working in a pub in Maynooth for the summer?

Minimum or close to. Plus tips.

Does anyone ever plan on repeating exams?

I'm not worried I'm gonna fail everything, but there's one exam I'm a little worried about, and I keep thinking, if I just failed it now, used the extra time to study other modules, and did that exam in August, I'd walk into a 1.1.

Anyone ever used this as a strategy?

Google tells me it's 1,461.85 per Month, before tax or after tax? Probably before, no?

You can only get 40% in exam repeats; just to be clear.

Google tells me it's 1,461.85 per Month, before tax or after tax? Probably before, no?

You can only get 40% in repeats; just to be clear.

As a student you are not taxed.
    Also as El Pron is final year I don't think that applies? you are allowed to repeat final exams to improve the grade even if you have previously passed, so I think he would be safe, though maybe sit it anyway..just to be sure?

Also as El Pron is final year I don't think that applies? you are allowed to repeat final exams to improve the grade even if you have previously passed, so I think he would be safe, though maybe sit it anyway..just to be sure?

Your taxed on what you earn, apparently, not because your in college.
    (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056441916)
    Sorry to waste time.

Ah, I stand corrected if so!

Final year students can repeat up to 15 credits of modules for a better grade without it affecting the status of your degree (if you repeat more than that in August you get a pass degree automatically - doesn't apply when repeating the year).

Yeah I was reading the official details from the university. If you decide to repeat an exam that you've already passed, you forfeit the original grade altogether, so if you get a lower mark in the repeat you have to stick with it. Defo worth considering I reckon, if I'm missing out on a first by a few marks...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You can only get 40% in repeats; just to be clear.

You will only not be taxed if you have enough tax credits to cover it. I'm a student but because I work full time this year I am paying plenty of tax...

You will only not be taxed if you have enough tax credits to cover it. I'm a student but because I work full time this year I am paying plenty of tax...

Ewwwww you're practically in the grown up world now :P

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement