Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You will only not be taxed if you have enough tax credits to cover it. I'm a student but because I work full time this year I am paying plenty of tax...

Ewwwww you're practically in the grown up world now :P

I know! It's scawy. I don't like it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

El Pr0n wrote: »

That section 3:00-3:16-3:49min is super cool. Much more melancholic too. But in my opinion a bass part would really bring it on. Seriously good work though. Surprise is very, very, cool too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    You can only get 40% in exam repeats; just to be clear.

There was a thread on this last year and pretty much everyone thought this to be true, I sat repeats in music in august and got more than 40%, and I actually asked the lecturers beforehand and were surprised I even thought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Right, in a nutshell:

Every year except final year
    1. It varies by department whether you can get above 40% in repeat exams;

Final year
    Like above, but some departments that give you more than 40% in non-final year exams cap you at 40% in your last year.

In final year, you can repeat up to 15 credits worth of exams, or modules over a repeat year, and still get a 1:1, 2:1 or a 2:2. If in final year you have to repeat more than 15 credits then, whatever your overall mark was, you only get a Pass Degree.

More info here.

Also, happy new year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Haha! FIRST DRAFT COMPLETE! It's all polish from here on, easy peasy. Night off for me as a reward :D

Happy new year, horses!

Good news fella. Have a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

MU308; the only module where having a hangover makes studying more authentic?

Hm, Bebop, Hard Bop and the decline of the Hippy Aesthetic... I should probably get stoned for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Anyone know if the canteen is open today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I really need to subscribe again, my PM inbox is now full and I'm too lazy to delete them. And I miss having an avatar.

• Advertisement

I really need to subscribe again, my PM inbox is now full and I'm too lazy to delete them. And I miss having an avatar.

HEY EVERYONE I'M SO ****IN' POPULAR :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

What do people use the PM on boards for? All that's in mine is the angry ramblings of banned users.

What do people use the PM on boards for? All that's in mine is the angry ramblings of banned users.

****in' tell me about it. Amirite mods?

Stonecutter_homer.jpg

El Pr0n wrote: »
    HEY EVERYONE I'M SO ****IN' POPULAR :pac:

I actually didn't mean it to sound like that at all! I was just annoyed :P :o

Do that many people really get banned from the Classical forum? Or are they all from when you modded on here? :pac:

Also, clearly you're not using boards to it's full advantage ;):D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Let's just say Norrdeth's going to be busy around election time. :)

OK. I've had a big cup of coffee for the first ti--I think I'm tripping!--GO! (Sprint) WIN!!

Select: {race again, collapse and die, drink more coffee}.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Let's just say Norrdeth's going to be busy around election time. :)

Eh, when's that? So I can stick it in my calendar...

These days it's periods of no activity, then lots of stuff happening at once.
    Not really conducive to work at all!

Usually around the end of Feb/start of March I think? I heartily await the influx of new posters who post "Vote X! Deyl gt u a nw atm on campus !!1!!" and leave, never to be seen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

Sweet, 3 performances then...
    Better get cracking!

Does anyone know anywhere in Maynooth that sells credit for 3V cards? Easons have stopped doing it and I don't know of any other places that do :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Usually around the end of Feb/start of March I think? I heartily await the influx of new posters who post "Vote X! Deyl gt u a nw atm on campus !!1!!" and leave, never to be seen again.
    Don't forget the swimming pool on North Campus :rolleyes:
    Does anyone know anywhere in Maynooth that sells credit for 3V cards? Easons have stopped doing it and I don't know of any other places that do :(
    According to their website, Londis in John Hume, The Roost, Newsrail in Manor Mills [is that Easons?] and The Village Store in Moyglare Village

You're the 3rd person who's told me that Londis sells it, I was sure they didn't anymore? I texted my friend who works there but no word back yet... I might go up and chance it seeing as I'm near campus atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Well they do according the the 3V website, they may have stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I wish Bisodol came in white chocolate flavour.

Later that day . . .

:( . . . (Icky tummy).

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Later that day . . .

:( . . . (Icky tummy).

Get much done?

Meh, Londis was shut when I got up to JH. According to the payzone website, the shop near my estate does the credit too.

The cake in Bon Bon is facking amazing.

Bought some there only a few weeks ago :)

banquo wrote: »
    Bought some there only a few weeks ago :)
    Awshum. I'll remember for future reference so.

Josh Homme <33333333333333333333333333333333333333 I don't even care that he's ginger.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Ha ha I had totally forgotten about this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement