Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Beau wrote: »
    Disappointed how quickly we turned away from the topic of boobs :(.

Just back from a rugby camp, serious running up wicklow mountains, strong mans comps, mountain sprints, jeep pushes, team meetings and now I'm beered up to to the rim. Tough weekend! Can't wait to sleep.

Getting ready to lose to Tullow seconds in 14 months?
    Starting early aren't ye?

I turned up in Wicklow at the weekend on a kind of whim, haven't played or trained or looked at a ball since last november.It was shoking I had a splitting headache, worst I've ever had.I had a constant pain in my right lung, I was dizzy and my vision was blurry. Eventually I started loosing balance. So i just walked accros the field and lay down on the sideline for about 10 minutes without saying a word and they brought someone else on. People were talking to me but I couldn't concentrate on what they were saying, I was staring into space.Never been this unfit man.

We won though and I played fairly well apart from the fact I couldn't follow the play. It was on a par with the de-hydration I felt at my first BH physical session when I couldn't swallow water. On a positive side at least you know that you're pushing yourself and not wasting your time.

Lesson: always go training before you play a match, even a couple is the difference between being able to go for a pint after or just going home to bed afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Kinda like Christmas eve. But not really considering I'm not that excited!!!!

My brother, on the other hand, is starting tomorrow in first year. He's all nervous and stuff 'Michelle do I need to bring paper for all my classes? What if I can't find the room? Oh no I can't find a bag to put my stuff in! Will the lecturers mind if I don't have the books with me tomorrow? I'm not gonna get served in the SU, if I bring you out will you tell them you're my guardian or something? What train should I get? How long does the train take? Where should I get lunch? What if no one's free for lunch, will you be around?'

Aww, the yoof of today.

Hehe, lunch date!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    They don't make movies as boring as that anymore you mean ;) Fabulous performances and the cinematography is amazing but what a boring, bloated movie.

Shun!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

A day of doing fuck all has led me to my unfortunate current predicament. I'm not tired enough to sleep and I have an early start tomorrow. Oh no...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

A day of doing fuck all has led me to my unfortunate current predicament. I'm not tired enough to sleep and I have an early start tomorrow. Oh no...

I hate when that happens so, so much, cos then I get itchy legs and sure then I'm nowhere near sleepy and then you wake up the next morning and you're knackered...

I'd be the same only my cold and flu medicine is making me uber-drowsy... *yawns*

• Advertisement

I hate when that happens so, so much, cos then I get itchy legs and sure then I'm nowhere near sleepy and then you wake up the next morning and you're knackered...

I'd be the same only my cold and flu medicine is making me uber-drowsy... *yawns*

Throw somma that my way wudja?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm still on holiday time which means I'll probably go asleep at 4 and have to be up at 8 :( sucks

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    I'm still on holiday time which means I'll probably go asleep at 4 and have to be up at 8 :( sucks

Me too!

I wouldn't mind but I actually made the effort about two weeks ago to get back in to a proper college sleeping routine and I was going grand until the last 2 days. I guess I've no one to blame but myself :o

start reading something (without pictures) and you should get bored quickly and it'll help, though it doesnt work too well on a computer , something to do with the light....

Teabag! wrote: »
    start reading something (without pictures) and you should get bored quickly and it'll help, though it doesnt work too well on a computer , something to do with the light....

Yeah I was doing that (reading Filth by Irvine Welsh - oOoh, risque!) but I find reading just gets my brain going. On several occasions I've just ended up staying up reading all night and then being a zombie the next day.

• Advertisement

Yeah I was doing that (reading Filth by Irvine Welsh - oOoh, risque!) but I find reading just gets my brain going. On several occasions I've just ended up staying up reading all night and then being a zombie the next day.

sounds fun, i know what its like to go all night (get my best work that way:D)
    i'd say get one your college books and try that (human geo....)

Teabag! wrote: »
    sounds fun, i know what its like to go all night (get my best work that way:D)
    i'd say get one your college books and try that (human geo....)

Hahahahaha. No.

Hahahahaha. No.

Drastic times call for drastic measures, this is the most powerful sleeping agent without perscription...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B96xK4R3gqs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Mein kopf......

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

I'm bored :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Meeting just a ridiculous amount of boardies today.

In SU

Rosabeez: We should get some other boardies in here. Anyone have PrivateEye's number?
    Me: I do, but no phone on me. :(
    Rosabeez: Ah, shame.

/PrivateEye enters SU immediatly

Us: Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Boo, projects and finding work placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

mp3guy wrote: »
    Boo, projects and finding work placement.

Maybe you could work for the Computer Centre? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Maybe you could work for the Computer Centre? :p

No, they don't do industrial work placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

What are you interested in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

We should really have one thread for selling books.

Oooh today was too much fun... My modules are so far, so good and I got a wee bit drunk in the SU and had to go back to the boyfriend's and sleep it off cos I can't go out tonight and Mam would not have been impressed if I came home from my first day of final year drunk... Serious funage. :D

Have fun all you lucky rich bastardin' folk who can afford to go out loadsa times this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Slightly sad- walked in with a mate, went for a pint, bumped into the banquo, chuffed- see Roe, give her a wave- order pint, bump into a mate for school, chat for a bit, look for the boardsies..... AND THEY'RE GONE! Had a good look around the bar then, no joy.

on a side note, Michellenman is an absolute winner.

I met her too!

Apologies re: the leaving. Had to be done I'm afraid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

No worries, if you'se find yourselves in a similar position again, holla at yo boy.

Is it really sad to stick stuff up in your locker? I used to have loads of pictures and a mirror and lolcat pictures in my locker to make me smile if I was having a crap day (the pics obviously, if I was having that bad of a day, looking at myself only made me more depressed).

Is that very old school school or totally uncool?

Most of the first years are older than me and I am sooo not down with the kids. :pac:

I have a secret affinity for lolcat pictures *embarassed*

banquo wrote: »
    I have a secret affinity for lolcat pictures *embarassed*

But would you stick them up in a locker? My personal favourite is the "I has a flavr" cat. My mission in life is to get a cat that looks like that.

I also see that you're rather drunk according to facebook, get back to me with a logical answer when you sober up :P

• Advertisement

Actually I'm completely sober! just completely ****ed up the typing! :D

Is this the one?

funny-pictures-kitten-has-flavor.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement