Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Dublin Bus = Rage

There is no average time that it takes for a 67a to come from Pearse St to Celbridge. Waited 1hr and 20mins on Tuesday for a bus, but today, a bus only took 40 mins to get to Celbridge.

They should have little GPS trackers on them so you can tell where they are before you leave the house, would save so much wasted time standing at that poxy bus stop.

Oh, but a commuter can dream.

/rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

^^ The reason I avoid the 67A unless it is absolutely essential that I get it. Then again if you live in Celbridge you've no choice.

Jakkass wrote: »
    ^^ The reason I avoid the 67A unless it is absolutely essential that I get it. Then again if you live in Celbridge you've no choice.

*Sigh* My parents used to drive me to Maynooth every morning and I got the bus home but apparently in Final Year, Dublin Bus are a more reliable form of transport both ways to college.

My parents also thought getting Vodafone broadband was a good idea, so you can tell who has the good ideas in my house :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Dublin Bus = Rage

There is no average time that it takes for a 67a to come from Pearse St to Celbridge. Waited 1hr and 20mins on Tuesday for a bus, but today, a bus only took 40 mins to get to Celbridge.

They should have little GPS trackers on them so you can tell where they are before you leave the house, would save so much wasted time standing at that poxy bus stop.

/rant over

They used to have a device telling you in minutes how far the bus was from the stop, unfortunately it would tell you a bus was due in 2 minutes for five minutes.

I've been commuting for the past two years now and it's a bit of a pain when you miss one bus and have to wait half an hour for the next one which gets you in twenty minutes late.
    Jakkass wrote: »

It has a nicer view than the 66 most days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

The 67A= hell on earth.

Christ its one way to make a journey long innit. Takes a good 50 minutes somedays from Palmerstown.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, one 66 on a sunday morning goes from Maynooth-->Celbridge-->Leixlip-->Lucan :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Dublin Bus = Rage

/rant over

Had to take the 67A to work today since the 66 wasnt on time for a change. Didnt bother me though, since it would be the last time i take the bus to Maynooth in a looong time.......

COZ IM MOVIN TO MAYNOOTH IN THE MORNING HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Thirty seconds walk from south campus gates. yeaaaaaaaaaaaa, no more waiting at the bus stop for me!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Bagsy the couch!

YUSS! Got in there first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

How long does it take to get from Maynooth to Pearse St. on one of those buses can anyone tell me?

I'm toying with the idea of going into Dublin to get a direct bus to Galway instead of the one I get in Maynooth which stops at every feckin town along the way!

Bagsy the couch!

YUSS! Got in there first!

Wont be a couch... no livin room at all. I might put a tent out the back though. Back garden is massive.

• Advertisement

Anima wrote: »
    How long does it take to get from Maynooth to Pearse St. on one of those buses can anyone tell me?

I'm toying with the idea of going into Dublin to get a direct bus to Galway instead of the one I get in Maynooth which stops at every feckin town along the way!

You'd be better getting the train. About forty/forty-five minutes on the train I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Balls, didn't think it would take that long. I guess thats that idea out the window :pac:

You'd be better getting the train. About forty/forty-five minutes on the train I think.

+1 to this, about E1.10 more expensive but much faster and more comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I prefer buses myself, not sure why.

I'm a lecture skipper this morning, was meant to be in at 9 but after the whole still being awake at almost 5am coughing my lungs up thing I decided against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

I think there will be much craic to be had on Parson's street this year. It is definitely going that way. THere's an assmebly of characters now and some women too....also new links with North Kildare....I feel it will be quite a year for revellery.

And if we get a good crop of first years.
    It could be the best year yet and I won't be there.

Beau? I don't know why i have to call you that, did you hear that about 6 of the lads are playing with north Kildare, along with Turf? Imagine the messin' that they'll get up ta?
    We're missing a great year.

I'm tempted to join North kildare 2nds and get atrociously pissed every week but it will only ruin my life.

Maybe I could work on Saturdays and take Firdays off and go out thursdays.

Nobody gives Maynooth the credit it deserves for being such craic, people always go on about Galway and I've heard people talk about Carlow IT and U.L. but seriously Maynooth might be the best craic of all colleges but then I'm biased I guess.

Pisslips, I may have you confused with someone else, but did you not post sometime last yeaar about how sick of Maynooth you are? How smothering the place can be?

Apologies if it wasn't you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Why is the library sooo cold today? It's miserable
    *sniff sniff*

where's the free tea when you need it? :(

True it's a love hate thing.
    Like if your there all the time and you get into the same patterns with the same people all the time eventually you get really sick of it.
    Still though it was a few years of no responsibility maximum fun, like it will never get better.

The place is great like. And every year it got better, there was new people coming in with new stories.

I think i just don't want to move on, it was like irish college with alcohol.

Actually your right though I'd murder people if I had to go back to that same lifestyle but that was just me, other people had constructive lives.

The way I get is that during the summer I completely hate the place, I hate Dunnes, I hate the mainstreet, I hate the buses and trains..then around about now when everyone comes back and the place is alive again I get really happy and love it again, cut to December, I'll be cold and complaining, by Jan I'll be in the library cramming and declaring the South Campus pretty in the fog, by April I'll spend a week drunk on homemade cocktails and declaring myself old, by May I'll be sick of the place and dying to finish, by September I'll probably be crying that I've finished my degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

pisslips wrote: »
    Nobody gives Maynooth the credit it deserves for being such craic, people always go on about Galway and I've heard people talk about Carlow IT and U.L. but seriously Maynooth might be the best craic of all colleges but then I'm biased I guess.
    Let's just be grateful we're not in a Dublin college!

• Advertisement

Funny you should say that, I was in TCD this year and there's a strong possibility I'll be in UCD for the next four years.

It was a lot different to Maynooth. Much less craic, more work though, it was different which was nice. Not the same sense of commmunity at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Just have one quick question. Where would I get one of the 5 day rambling tickets in Maynooth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

LIBRARY! *rips out hair*

apoch632 wrote: »
    Just have one quick question. Where would I get one of the 5 day rambling tickets in Maynooth

Try the londis/centra on the main street maybe...

pisslips wrote: »
    I think there will be much craic to be had on Parson's street this year. It is definitely going that way. THere's an assmebly of characters now and some women too.....

Is it a good social thing? My mate lived here last year and he didnt know any of his student neighbours.

Arts block PACR = TOO WARM!

also stupid English movie screening was cancelled so I'm stuck in college until the 8.40 bus... dang nabbit! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Stuck in college = pub time!

On the bus home they have one Lisbon poster with a child in a war zone crying with a caption saying vote no, are they really serious with that one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

The guy wrote: »
    On the bus home they have one Lisbon poster with a child in a war zone crying with a caption saying vote no, are they really serious with that one. :rolleyes:

Yes, unfortunately. That's the Libertas contribution.

Although, I did find the new Cóir posters with the giraffe on them to be quite funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

That's the Libertas contribution.

Me + Five Minutes In Paint= Lisbons Posters Explained

See?
    Particularly proud of my Sinn Fein effort.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement