Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Fixed now :) Sorry about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

Fixed now :) Sorry about that

I was havin a shiiiite evening thats made it better:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Went to a Military History Society Conference on the 'Revolutionary Years' today. Conference was good, skipped a day of college for it, but it'll be benefical to me in the long run. Plenty of good notes/sources picked up. Few famous faces there for history hacks like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Went to the doc this mornin, only to find out theres only a nurse on on fridays. Thanks for ****in tellin me secretary! Then bussed it home just to vote, bussed it back at went to bed for an hour until work. Had this sh!t scary experience when i was sleepin. It was like i was awake but my body wasnt so i coudnt move. Tried to speak but nothing came out.

Dunno what im doin now, im sleepin home alone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Had this sh!t scary experience when i was sleepin. It was like i was awake but my body wasnt so i coudnt move. Tried to speak but nothing came out.

It's called sleep paralysis, get used to it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

• Advertisement

Happens to me sometimes... sometimes it's kinda nice and you fall back asleep and then wake up grand later on. Other times it's shit scary.

New Peep Show was hilarious. God I love that show.

Second Friday Night in a row, quite fond of this now. Saturday is much more buzzin'.

(On a sidenote, I'd now bet my house Lisbon passed (phone calls to heads all over Dublin and in some key areas, exit polls from FG etc. too) 1-1 now. Proud of the effort made on a small budget by comparision, hopefully they'll drop Cowen in the RDS. 90% sure.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's looking like a win for the Yes side alright. Still, never say never.

At least it's over. On to the general!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

mp3guy wrote: »
    It's called sleep paralysis, get used to it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I couldn't even read the whole article, that is so scary. I really, really hope that doesn't happen to me

Oh god I'm actually afraid to go to sleep tonight now in case that happens...

(im not actually, but I'm a bit nervous)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Being completely honest, I first got it the night after I watched a documentary on it. No joke.

• Advertisement

Did Derren Brown present the documentary? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

woo....just home and work in 10 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Went to the doc this mornin, only to find out theres only a nurse on on fridays. Thanks for ****in tellin me secretary! Then bussed it home just to vote, bussed it back at went to bed for an hour until work. Had this sh!t scary experience when i was sleepin. It was like i was awake but my body wasnt so i coudnt move. Tried to speak but nothing came out.

Weekly event for me. Dont sleep face up if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

+1 on the weekly event.

Raced home to vote just in time. got there 10 minutes before polling closed.

Voting is awesome. It's a really good feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

banquo wrote: »
    At least it's over. On to the general!

Yeh, thank god.

I think I may have gone to far on facebook pushing for a yes vote, a previous classmate of mine called me a bender and not in a messing kinda way. So I just blocked him.

Never mind the liberal yanks and those George W shirts (Sooooo 2004), I'm going for the Tony Blair 'Not My President' look this winter.

Do I reeeeeally have to go to work if it's raining? Is there no sort of employment loophole there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

It's so nice to be able to stay in bed in the morning, wake up and go back asleep and all that, without worrying about buses and crap. Love the weekends, even if I get féck all work done with family about.

and Mammy had just made a load of pancakes when I got up, lovely start to the day, and now I'm back in bed! think I'll make cupcakes later on today, which reminds me, has anybody tried a cupcake from the Bewleys stand? They're not covered so I don't wanna try one in case someone's coughed swine flu all over them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Never mind the liberal yanks and those George W shirts (Sooooo 2004), I'm going for the Tony Blair 'Not My President' look this winter.

WTF... I had the exact same idea when i say the result today....

Except i got the idea from this

NotDixiesPresident.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Stay in on Wednesdays!

Generation Kill, Wednesday 11.20pm. (from the makers of the Wire)

• Advertisement

I was at that history conference again today (day2 of 2) and they had Micky Collins' car out the front.

Sliabh na mBán, or whatever they called the thing.

So, off I go for a look at it, with another lad.

"Ah, should have shot him twice as much. Or should have shot him once, and put the other bullet into Richard Mulcahy. Killed more Republicans than the Brits and all. Move over Mick, make way for Dick. Horrible Free state bastards, but at least they weren't them bloody English am i right? If they didn't make that bloody film, we'd be ashamed of the likes of Collins and Mulcahey "

Who is standing beside me, but Richard Mulcahys son. Shiiiiiii.

These are the funny little moments than make life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

There's only one Micky Collins and he plays for Dundalk. Lunatic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Teabag!

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I was at that history conference again today (day2 of 2) and they had Micky Collins' car out the front.

Sliabh na mBán, or whatever they called the thing.

So, off I go for a look at it, with another lad.

"Ah, should have shot him twice as much. Or should have shot him once, and put the other bullet into Richard Mulcahy. Killed more Republicans than the Brits and all. Move over Mick, make way for Dick. Horrible Free state bastards, but at least they weren't them bloody English am i right? If they didn't make that bloody film, we'd be ashamed of the likes of Collins and Mulcahey "

Who is standing beside me, but Richard Mulcahys son. Shiiiiiii.

These are the funny little moments than make life.

a couple of years back i was asked on behalf of a military historical soc, to assist in a re-enactment of the hand over of collins barrack's form the brits to the irish....

anywhoo the lads organising it were a farce in not havin prepped themselves in anyway, they seemed more interested in just dressing up and fluting about with there guns tryin to impress people,

anywhoo after two or three 'handovers' we got stopped and thanked by this group of eldery people, they then preceed to thank the guy portraying 'michael collins' for his lovely speech etc,

your man was like a pig in his own ****e, the elderly folks were saying how there grandfather had taking control of the barrack for the brits...

to which 'michael collins' replies "yes michael collins was a treasure to the nation"

to which the old lad said.... 'Richard Mulcahy was my grand father.....:D:D:D:D:D'

cue major embarrassment............

In other news i cycled 23km today in an hour :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

efla wrote: »
    Weekly event for me. Dont sleep face up if you can.

Heard your well more likely to get a nightmare if you sleep on your back... Least likely sleeping on your side.

ps i realise this has little to do with sleep paralysis

Effluo wrote: »
    Heard your well more likely to get a nightmare if you sleep on your back... Least likely sleeping on your side.

ps i realise this has little to do with sleep paralysis

Not at all, it has everything to do with it. The word itself is of proto-germanic origin, and refers to the experience of 'witch sitting', now understood to be a paralysis episode.

It's a pretty scary experience, didn't know about the nightmare thing though, interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

someone please kill me :mad:

I'm terribly sick, and lonely in the library trying to get my thesis proposal done. So far I have done all the necessary preparation, smoking, tea buying, facebook, boards, wikipedia, drawing on my hand and staring off into space. Now I just have to write the thing.. unless there's other more interesting things I can do??? :D

Im in bed watching deadliest catch, which they tell me may be downloaded for anytime viewing. Why not try that? :}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Beau wrote: »
    Yeh, thank god.

I think I may have gone to far on facebook pushing for a yes vote, a previous classmate of mine called me a bender and not in a messing kinda way. So I just blocked him.

You are a bender.

*END TRANSMISSION*

• Advertisement

I reckon Peep Show is the best thing ever, been sitting her watching it now for a good two hours happy as larry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement