Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Stay away!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I'm now quite glad I found that packet of unopened panadol extra on campus last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

9BADDEE4E4124A6B948011DC33A5BF6E-500.jpg

As a true-blue Dub, I admit I judged this all too quick and called it things like "a load of sh/te" and "a waste of money"

Its actually 'mazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I was just about to post that!

Awh, I had no idea what it was til just now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I heard someone was looking for soup?

I'll just leave this here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

gra26 wrote: »
    Meh

Exactly how I feel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Stoopid irish weather

• Advertisement

I'm in a fantastic mood today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Rozabeez wrote: »

Wana share that mood around? Just having a "meh" sort of week. Thank Jebus it's all over! :D
    I'm freeeeeeeee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Wana share that mood around? Just having a "meh" sort of week. Thank Jebus it's all over! :D
    I'm freeeeeeeee.
    mama bear want another hug?

*gestures in hug-like manner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

Sh1te mood for me. Slept on a beanbag last night cos everyone was ridin on all the other beds. Its my house and i didnt even get to christen it! 21st was great though. Bonfire, Gazebo, chewns, like 40 people out the back. Some night. So i got no sleep today pretty much. Now im in work till 7 AM.:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MTAR

haha didnt get to christen it? shockin.. who did christen it so??

Sh1te mood for me. Slept on a beanbag last night cos everyone was ridin on all the other beds. Its my house and i didnt even get to christen it! 21st was great though. Bonfire, Gazebo, chewns, like 40 people out the back. Some night. So i got no sleep today pretty much. Now im in work till 7 AM.:mad::mad:

Ah no waaay!!

Happy Birthday (Probably late but it's the thought that counts!!)

Indeed, happy late birthday Nationalist!

In other news, no fees (not that it makes a difference to me, but anyway) and a very lazy saturday is in order apparently. Done fook all except watch tv mop the kitchen and have a shower today. Gonna make some cookies now and then do some study... please tell me other people are having boring weekends aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Not really. Randomly entered a talent competition in Celbridge last night with other random musicians who happened to be in the pub at the same time, improvised 2 songs. Granted we didn't get through, but we'll be back next week. And today is filled with college work and poker tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Nationalist

MTAR wrote: »
    haha didnt get to christen it? shockin.. who did christen it so??

Other friends, 3, maybe 4 pairs of them. I didnt grab a bed fast enough I suppose.
    Ah no waaay!!

Happy Birthday (Probably late but it's the thought that counts!!)
    Indeed, happy late birthday Nationalist!

Thankyou very much! Even though I was 21 more than 3 weeks ago:p Had to keep putting the party off. Unfortunately Paudi wasnt there because he had to work back home he next day.
    In other news, no fees (not that it makes a difference to me, but anyway) and a very lazy saturday is in order apparently. Done fook all except watch tv mop the kitchen and have a shower today. Gonna make some cookies now and then do some study... please tell me other people are having boring weekends aswell?

I'm workin on assignments and cookin all sorts of sh1te with my new george foreman a few got my for me bday. woooooooooooooooooooo

Delighted on the news today with regards fees. Cheers to everyone who did a bit in the last year, from that nerve-wrecking day going into the Department of Finance, to shutting down Paul Gogartys office for an evening :pac:

Pints are in order, chuffed.

Still, the reg. fee will only rise, the cutbacks will continue, and primary and secondary level are still getting hammered. There's a need to sit down now and decide what to do. Victories like this one are rare but, and fcuk me- i'll drink to it!

• Advertisement

Cannae afford pints. Cans.

Off to watch Ireland/Italy in town, should be in the SU for most of Monday evening now, in (and eh..drinking) fine spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I was just getting over one sickness and now I've another :(

I was just getting over one sickness and now I've another :(

Get Well Soon! I have a persistant sore throat, wake up feeling like I've smoked 20fags the night before and gets worse all day and I haven't actually smoked in 3 weeks! Unfair!

Also family are WRECKING my head. Mam, not so much but the rest of them = :mad:

And Carmen Laforet can go stand over there
    >
    with her impossible-to-translate-in-an-efficient-manner Spanish :mad:

wish I had enough money to get a few cans and relax but no, I'm going to read articles on JStor for the next while.

/end of grrr.

So, Stephen from Boyzone died I see. Is that the most random thing you've heard all week, because I can honestly say I did not see that coming at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

PrivateEye wrote: »
    So, Stephen from Boyzone died I see. Is that the most random thing you've heard all week, because I can honestly say I did not see that coming at all.

Sniff sniff, it's shockin'! :(

gatelyITV0410_468x406.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MTAR

Nationalist we all know you dont have friends :P but do wanna know who christend it for **** and giggles so will just havta txt ya later

Jaysis. Staying up til 5am then getting up early to help clean up the seisiún is never a clever move, fairly sure I fell out of my chair last night ahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Clearing this up.

Bear in mind this is coming from an Islamic website with a particular bias, the article is also 5 years out of date. From what information I have now, Samaritans Purse are a Christian organisation, their statement of faith is available on this site.

Concerning religious materials in their boxes, this is from the FAQ I received:
    Do you add any religious literature to the boxes? -
    No we don't put any religious literature into the boxes, or send any with the boxes.

Do children of all religions get boxes? -
    Yes, we give to children regardless of their nationality, political, or religious backgrounds. The only criteria for receiving a shoebox is the need of the child. Sometimes in an appropriate setting, and at the request of the local leader, children are offered a booklet telling the story of the nativity and the life of Jesus. When that happens, this literature is offered after the children have received their shoeboxes - there are no pre-conditions for any child to receive a shoebox.

What is Samaritan's Purse?
    -
    It's an international interdenominational Christian Relief and Development organisation, registered in Ireland as an Irish charity (number CHY 14524), managed by an Irish board.

And to clarify, yes internationally it is led by Franklin Graham the son of evangelist Billy Graham.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement