Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Library is warm.

Like, really warm. Plastic is melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Rozabeez wrote: »

Story lads, college starting to suck for anyone else yet?

it never stopped sucking for me. its a big pile of bullsh!t as far as i can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

This week was my first week of properly getting in to the swing of things actually. Quite proud of myself. Aiming for a golden week next week although that's looking less and less likely if we're heading out beering on Monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Anyone see people with paper hats today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

mp3guy wrote: »
    No, but I did see some paper airplanes in JH1 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Yep i seen lots of people wearing hats made of newspapers and magazines and a load of people in suits :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Feckin interwebz wont work on my laptop anymore in college. Wireless will connect, can't connect to internet. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

mp3guy wrote: »

Only saw the guy with the paper hat at the Music Agm, what a great guy :cool:

And yet he lost! A victory for politics tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Banquo's 24 tomorrow, messages of pity at the ready!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Feckin interwebz wont work on my laptop anymore in college. Wireless will connect, can't connect to internet. Any ideas?
    Are you logged in to the VPN?

I hold, in my mortal hands, a copy of The Print. Just got delivered, should be distributed Monday.

The print? Is that the name of it? I like it.

Happy almost birthday too! I will buy you a drink on Monday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Are you logged in to the VPN?

Yeah the VPN wouldn't work anymore both times I tried it in the library and the reading room, googled it when I got home and got a page up from the computer centre saying they weren't using the VPN anymore, which resonated somewhat seeing as they aren't using it anymore in the River Apts either.

I asked a girl on her laptop next to me in the arts block the next day how she managed to get her internet working and she said that she just opened her browser and a page came up and she had to put in her student number and password (like the VPN but different) and here is similar to what she said: http://computercentre.nuim.ie/students/wirelessinstructions.shtml

It's a pain in the arse only having my laptop to write stuff on and having to run back and forth (and queue while people are playing fcuking farmville/watching tv on the internet) to the reading room to print off/read journals etc

Any ideas what the problems could be? Wireless is connecting just not to the interwebz

The print? Is that the name of it? I like it.

Happy almost birthday too! I will buy you a drink on Monday :P

Whoop! Make it a bottle of WKD. An eye for an eye ;)

The Print isn't bad at all, at least compared to last year. I happen to think the contents page, the recipe page, and the president's report pages are very nicely designed* :D

*not an unbiased position

Recipe page?!
    :D

Yeah the VPN wouldn't work anymore both times I tried it in the library and the reading room, googled it when I got home and got a page up from the computer centre saying they weren't using the VPN anymore, which resonated somewhat seeing as they aren't using it anymore in the River Apts either.

I asked a girl on her laptop next to me in the arts block the next day how she managed to get her internet working and she said that she just opened her browser and a page came up and she had to put in her student number and password (like the VPN but different) and here is similar to what she said: http://computercentre.nuim.ie/students/wirelessinstructions.shtml

Don't you just go to a random webpage and it asks you for your number/password?

That is most odd. Maybe call into the computer centre?

Recipe page?!
    :D

BuroniKisu did a lot of work on the design front too. Design work was fairly evenly split between the three of us (should be obvious enough when reading). I am so oddly proud of the contents page.

24-hour design binge ftw. (Note: I am not responsible for actual content :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

shoutout to my boy Rob, Happy Birthday mate.

*Go to YouTube.Com
    *Search for NUI Maynooth
    *Notice there is actually a song about some bogball/countrystick tournament victory appearing in like the top 5, and cringe for the places reputation.

Happy Birthday Rob. Hope it's a good one! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Happy Birthday Rob. Hope it's a good one! :)

What she said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Happy Birthday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 VOOM

Out of morbid interest, if I was looking to use an A2 colour printer, would I find one in Maynooth?

Cheers for the birthday wishes gang :)

@privateeye, watch this space for YouTube videos ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

VOOM wrote: »
    Out of morbid interest, if I was looking to use an A2 colour printer, would I find one in Maynooth?

When you are going from North Campus back into town, go on the left hand side of the road, right across from Dunnes, there is a shop called Inkjet World, bring your picture on a USB stick, and they will print it. I got an A1 poster done in there for Clubs and Socs Day.
    Happy Birthday Rob. Hope it's a good one!

Ditto :)

Inkjet world have either do a really good job or a terrible job. But they're really decent guys.

Need a shedload of posters, how much do they charge?

(A2)

A2 colour is really expensive. What most places do is a special price for b&w and one other colour.

When do you need them? If you can wait a month then I have a guy in Germany who'll do it very cheaply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

banquo wrote: »
    A2 colour is really expensive. What most places do is a special price for b&w and one other colour.

When do you need them? If you can wait a month then I have a guy in Germany who'll do it very cheaply.

I got the A1 colour there for €36. Considering that A2 is half the size of an A1, you can probably cut the price in half.

• Advertisement

Logged into the FEE Maynooth facebook there, and on the homepage, I would say a good 75% of the status updates are about X Factor and the twins. Young people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement