Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be going :(

But I'm bringing two bottles of wine if I go. If that's not a reason to go, I don't know what is! ;) Srsly why not? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm in work on Friday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

When has that ever stopped you?

I've been asked not to come in hungover again as of Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Met scissorpaperrock in library. Sound guy. Offered money for Santa strike force :)

...but didn't have camera!

• Advertisement

Ah sure, we'll start it next monday cos I'm too swamped with work this week, if you don't mind like?

Monday it is! I was just being pure opportunistic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Thanks to the 250+ NUIMers who signed the Bertie Ahern petition today! Heartwarming so it was. Jesus christ the University are out of touch, judging by the reaction today.

I'm all geared up to go for a few pints next Monday if anyone is up for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Read the UCD college paper last night, or one of them at least. Shamed to say I enjoyed it more than the Print:rolleyes:
    Articles were much more critical of the University than I've ever seen in NUIM, sound arguments too. Considering the amount of things goin south here, maybe time for a revision of the content?

Oh and Boards got a mention at Union Council too?

• Advertisement

Which UCD paper?

Observer (official paper), Tribune (independent)- I LOVE THE COLLEGE TRIBUNE. Get mates to pick me up copies and all. The quality of it, for a free University paper, is amazing.

College papers should be critical of the University (when its right to be!) and I think the latest Print, in fairness to it, was jsut that. I thought it was a radical new departure I have to say. Articles on the canteen, cutbacks and so on. Moar of that, less rubbish.
    Oh and Boards got a mention at Union Council too?

big-brother-obey-3.jpg

Cheers to banquo for printing my username in the College Paper, now I'm fcuked :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Which UCD paper?

Observer (official paper), Tribune (independent)- I LOVE THE COLLEGE TRIBUNE. Get mates to pick me up copies and all. The quality of it, for a free University paper, is amazing.

The Observer I think, really nice layout too. The last issue of the Print was better, in fairness, but I reckon we'll have to see if that keeps up.

Was pretty surprised at the mention of Boards in the President's report tbh, I mean, it is a discussion forum after all! It came across like he was trying to censor us from talking about any gripes we may have, rather than just letting us know we could address them to the exec.

One socio assignment down! and apparently my essay is half done, hurrah!

If me and 4 people could collect 326 (counted! includes one that was passed around a class and collected later) signatures today in about an hour, the canteen petition should be in the Arts block. The amount of foot traffic through there is incredible.

If you're a first year and dont know what 'canteen' I'm on about......
    This happened:

dsc-6988s.jpg

Nice dropped shadow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm going to pick my friend (who I haven't seen for aaaaaaages) up at the airport in a few hours.... and heading out tomorrow night for an oul session :D can't wait! Any boardsies heading out tomorrow night? My stalking skills need practise :pac:

<.<
    >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I think it's about time I began my 2,000 word English essay which is due on friday........Why do I do this to myself!

WHY THROAT SORE!

FML.

More drugs!!

WTF does fml stand for?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

banquo wrote: »
    WTF does fml stand for?!

FML = Fuck My Life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I fell down the last four steps on the stairs today and landed on my knees. It's so sore :(

I can share ponstan!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I will take some of your ponstan.

/banquo.

:p

Why am I watching football instead of typing up the last of my essay?

Why am I watching football instead of typing up the last of my essay?

Why ain't you texting me back more importantly?!

*waves at PrivateEye* Apologies for the creepy stalking! (Somebody tell me a subtle way to stalk boardsies plz) Did you get all of your signatures in the end?

I'm sorry I was signalless!

In response to your text... No, I really am not in the mood for sexy fun times with you.

I'm sorry I was signalless!

In response to your text... No, I really am not in the mood for sexy fun times with you.

Dammit. Tomorrow? You may find yourself powerless against my wino-d up advances ;)

I'll be the sober one alongside D, but I shall try resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

...this are wrong on so many levels :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Can we get a sub petition to the Bertie one where we send Bertie to kill Thierry Henry?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement