Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband in Finglas / Dublin 11

Options
  • 14-03-2009 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Our connection, which used to be perfect, is getting worse every day. We're getting intermittent connection a lot recently and tonight is simply pathetic and infuriating! :mad:

We always try power cycling the modem (which we had to do only once a month in the past) and sometimes it helps... But recently it has had no impact at all...

Are we the only ones experiencing these frustrating issues in the Finglas / Dublin 11 area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Oh don't say that. I'm in that area and our cable got upgraded so I've ordered 20Mb from UPC.

Stef are they upgrading the cables in your area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I'm in Artane so only down the road and got 'upgraded' from 6 to 20 meg during the week
    I'm not exaggerating, its slower than dialup the past 2 days :mad:
    takes at least 2 minutes to open pages while browsing, keeps failing and is utter ****e tbh
    gettin rid of it if they dont fix it soon

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

batman_oh wrote: »
    I'm in Artane so only down the road and got 'upgraded' from 6 to 20 meg during the week
    I'm not exaggerating, its slower than dialup the past 2 days :mad:
    takes at least 2 minutes to open pages while browsing, keeps failing and is utter ****e tbh
    gettin rid of it if they dont fix it soon

I've been getting massive packet loss too (Leixlip) ran a trace route and found the packet loss starts at one of upc's sites in Dublin. Its not to bad now but wait until 6pm onwards it'll get worse, at 11pm last night I couldn't even get on at all, ran another traceroute and it was 100% packet loss for 30 minutes.

Advertisement