Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security light goes off very quick

Options
  • 14-03-2009 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

My father has a security light over his door which comes on when approached. I think it is a PIR. The thing is that it only stays on a second or if you move or drive it goes off and on again.

I thought they would come on when they detect and stay on for a few mins like giving people time to get in to house? Can they be adjusted? I would appreciate help as I want to have it right for him but am not good with electrics

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

is there an adjuster on the sensor somewhere to set the amount of time the light stays on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭RLJ

CamperMan wrote: »
    is there an adjuster on the sensor somewhere to set the amount of time the light stays on?
    I don't know, would there usually be? It is only up a couple days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

did you get instructions with it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Whats the make and mode? I would assume a small timer which you could adjust, little arrow head that you turn with a small screwdriver to adjust the time, you might have to take it down to adjust it thought.

CamperMan wrote: »
    did you get instructions with it?
    No

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Whats the make and mode?.
    Don't know will look tomorrow, thanks
    would assume a small timer which you could adjust, little arrow head that you turn with a small screwdriver to adjust the time,
    If there was that would be great

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its possibly set on test as default. Usually there are 2 pots under the sensor one is for time & the other is lux setting ( how dar it has to be before the light comes on)
    Regardless of model they will pretty much all have these adjustments.

koolkid wrote: »
    Its possibly set on test as default. Usually there are 2 pots under the sensor one is for time & the other is lux setting ( how dar it has to be before the light comes on)
    Regardless of model they will pretty much all have these adjustments.
    That sounds a promising place to start. Many thanks

Advertisement