Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2??

• 14-03-2009 2:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know when this is out? it used to say on wikipedia that it was released in November (so it could beat Guitar Hero:World Tour) but then the last time I checked wiki it had question marks on the date.

Game don't seem to know when it's coming out and play.com have changed their dates more times than a hooker changes knickers..

As ye can probably tell I really want this game so I can finally use my Guitar Hero drum kit on Rock Band 1 songs cos I'm not forking out €80-odd for RB drums..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its out on 27th March for PS3, confirmed by Harmonix & EA but the RB2 instruments are not coming. They have dropped prices of older (crapper) RB1 equipment now and probably won't release RB2 equipment with Beatles game & new equipment coming for it in September.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127761

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

If you cannot wait that long try and import the game. I have mine a few months ago from www.videogamesplus.ca

Much better than the first rock band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Yeah I imported mine when it first came out, so much better than Rock Band 1, all the small little things that would've annoyed you about RB1 are gone. It's such a solid game. Near perfect. And the new drum kit's pretty good too. Though I've bought a rock pedal for myself since getting it. Makes a huge difference.

I would normally import PS3 games but I won't for Rock Band 2 because of the whole DLC region locking issues.
    I have Rock Band 1 and about 80 songs from PAL Rock Band Store and if you import US/Canadian RB2, you will be unable to import the songs from RB1 & DLC as they are from different region.

Where did you get the RB2 instruments? I'm tempted to import them as there is no sign of them being released in Europe any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

ongarite wrote: »

Where did you get the RB2 instruments? I'm tempted to import them as there is no sign of them being released in Europe any time soon.

i'd like to know this too. apparently the ones available here are rubbish (drums)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I was tempted to import it until someone said that you wouldn't be able to use RB1 downloads with the imported version..

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I was tempted to import it until someone said that you wouldn't be able to use RB1 downloads with the imported version..

Oh yeah, that wasn't an issue for me as I imported RB1 too, I dunno if they sell the RB2 instruments seperately in the US, but yeah DLC is tied to the region the game came from. So I buy all my Rock Band DLC on the Us PS Store.

wish i had a US address i could use. Does it have to be a real address or can you make one up??

wish i had a US address i could use. Does it have to be a real address or can you make one up??

Depends on how far they check into your address. I use my own address but swich out the city for New York and the zip code to a new york zip code, it works with one of my cards, not with my other. If they only check the first couple of lines of your address you should be fine. Most people Mastercard seems to work better than Visa, but my Visa works and Mastercard doesn't. Some people use the 3V cards aswell but I never have so don't know how you use them. There's previous threads around about accessing the US PS Store.

You won't be able to export your European Rock Band 1 songs to the US Rock Band 2 as far as I know though.

hmmm, I'm going to have to try that. I'm going to be using a 3V because I don't trust myself with a proper credit card, thanks for the info

• Advertisement

I don't trust myself with a proper credit card.

neither did I until I got one finally around this time last year. Turns out my mistrust was well-founded. I now have 2 :P

3V cards don't work with the US PSN store & either does Mastercard.
    A Visa card may work depending on the issuing bank.
    You used to be able to use Entropay Visa card but now that has been blocked from working.

The only option for non-US user to add funds to US PSN store is with a pre-paid PSN card similar to 360 points vouchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Will RB2 have different DLC to the first game? Because if it will, I can see alot of free tracks to download for RB1. I was just checking an hour ago, and found 3 extra tracks for the first game, absolutely free.

Can't remember what they are, they were free, so I didn't care :D

No different DLC for RB2? All DLC from the Rock Band Store on 360 & PS3 is compatible with Rock Band & Rock Band 2.
    Included with RB2, is a redeemable DLC code to download 20 free songs into the game.

Advertisement