Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool - Leixlip Area

Options
  • 14-03-2009 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've already done some research on the Internet and this Board, but couldn't really find the answer I was looking for...

I'm currently living in Leixlip and I'm looking for a swimming pool that would be easy to get to. I don't have a car (or even a bicycle) yet, so it will have to be accessible by public transportation.

I know there's the National Aquatic Center in Blanchardstown, but I read that you pay 14EUR to get in, and for some reason I find that a little bit too much money for one single swim session!

So could somebody please shout out some ideas? Requirements are:
    - "easy" accessible from Leixlip (I live near Louisa Bridge Station)
    - not too expensive (read: less than 14EUR)
    - not too crowded/busy
    - the longer the pool, the better (I want to swim laps...)

Thanks for your time and answers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

You could try NUIM or Coolmine. Maynooth is about 7mins on the train and then it's a 5min walk. Coolmine is 11mins and a 10min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bmccaff

There is a pool in the GlenRoyal hotel in Maynooth but you need to be a member. Might work out cheap depending on how opten you use it.

http://www.glenroyal.ie/leisure.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Stewarts in Palmerstown. Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

bmccaff wrote: »
    There is a pool in the GlenRoyal hotel in Maynooth but you need to be a member. Might work out cheap depending on how opten you use it.

http://www.glenroyal.ie/leisure.htm

I can't remember exactly, but I'd have a stab at about €600 for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lesleyaitken

Glenroyal do Student Rates of €135 for 3 months and corporate rates (Intel/HP) for €160 for 3 months or adult can pay monthly (not sure how much for adult). Have 2 seperate pools, one adults only which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Have to agree with majority of posters here. Maynooth is 10mins down the road on the 66 bus and they have 2 swimming pools in the Glen royal. It's roughly 12euro fee to go in with a member for days access. If you don't know anyone with membership than you will have to get membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Agree about the Glen Royal, a little bit expensive but worth it for the good pools, facilities and cleanliness.
    The three month offer is worth a try, i'm in the middle of it and plan to renew.

Advertisement