Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McIlroy for WGC, Floriday 15th March

Options
  • 14-03-2009 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

He's been on form so far this season what would you say his chances are for Sunday? Can he take out Mickelson?

Just noticed he's 9's on Betfair, has to be worth a fiver at least

Edit: LOL at thread title typo

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Worth a punt but if mickleson keeps it up theres no stopping him. Throw a tenner on Harrington ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

CHD wrote: »
    Worth a punt but if mickleson keeps it up theres no stopping him. Throw a tenner on Harrington ;-)
    44/1! Not bad odds, hasn't a hope of winning IMO though.

Villegas also seems good value at 27/2, I'll see how he goes in the afternoon before I place any more bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

david wrote: »

Without trying to be smart, how is that a good price if he hasn't a hope of winning?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

McIlroy is cerainly worth a punt at this stage. He's been imprssive all year and he is generally very good in the third round, Mickelson has been hot but I've never seen him have four days in a row with the putter that hot. I think you should expect McIlroy to close the gap today and theres a good chance of being able to lay him at some stage this evening or tomorrow before play begins on the final day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

david wrote: »

Villegas also seems good value at 27/2, I'll see how he goes in the afternoon before I place any more bets.
    I think harrington is gona bring out his good weekend form today and storm up the leaderboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Harrington is playing awful stuff and is very lucky to be up there.

Its Phil's to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

pwhite587 wrote: »
    Without trying to be smart, how is that a good price if he hasn't a hope of winning?
    Because he's only six strokes behind with 36 holes to go at 44/1. I just don't think he's in good enough form to pull it off.

Advertisement