Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PM in Google

Options
  • 14-03-2009 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Surprised by the de-haut-en-bas nature of a post, I went looking for the user's name on Google, searching for

xxx boards.ie

(xxx being (well, not being, but as an example) the user's name.)

To my astonishment the first result was "xxx, you have received an infraction".

I didn't click into it, but it seems a bit of a glitch that private messages should be available in a Google search.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I just googled "you have received an infraction site:boards.ie" and there are loads of hits.

All of of them are in public forums where a user has published the contents of their infraction message.

Nothing to worry about methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Ah, clicked into it now, and you're correct, Phuqer. I didn't want to click into a private post...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Private messages will never appear up in a google search unless posted in a public forum simply because google's bots don't have permissions to see the pms so they won't be able to index them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 blackgold

Private messages will never appear up in a google search unless posted in a public forum simply because google's bots don't have permissions to see the pms so they won't be able to index them.
    Yeah,
    This is true...
    Can you imagine if Google can look at your PM?
    Nightmare.
    clear.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

blackgold wrote: »
    Can you imagine if Google can look at your PM?
    Nightmare.

I know.

BrianCowan3.png

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jesus... dont scare me like that! :p

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

feck that picture would give anyone nightmares!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Jules wrote: »
    feck that picture would give anyone nightmares!

Yeah, she's not the most handsome of women :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I know.

BrianCowan3.png

This. This is why you shouldn't be allowed post PMs without permission.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah and I dont think much of yer wan in the foreground either!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Compared to most of the double-effers, she's Clara flippin' Bow!

Advertisement