Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Week 27

• 14-03-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭

Wow! Some REALLY interesting games this weekend in La Liga. Espanyol vs Mallorca jumping out at me, if the Perico's don't win then they'll almost certainly be relegated. How great it would be to see them play in the 2nd division while we hold the league title. :D

Barcelona need to prove their rut is over, but Almeria away is no bloody push over, they have a team capable of beating anyone on a given day. Negredo and Ortiz will be key if they want to take points of Barca. Hopefully Titi can keep banging them in so that our front 3 stays in devastating form.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that when Real Madrid go visit the Basques they come away with nothing, and Valencia without Villa and Silva will struggle, even if it's at home to Recreativo De Heulva.

Saturday, March 14th
    Valencia - Recreativo 2-2
    Athletic - Real Madrid 1-0

Sunday, March 15th
    Sporting - Deportivo 1-0
    Valladolid - Getafe 1-1
    Espanyol - Mallorca 1-1
    Racing - Numancia 2-1
    Betis - Osasuna 2-1
    Málaga - Sevilla 1-2
    Atlético - Villarreal 2-2
    Almería - Barcelona 0-3

laliga26.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I reckon Espanyol are down regardless. But Mallorca are on a decent run of form, Espanyol are not, so I expect Mallorca to get all 3 points there.

Contrary to Eze I expect Real to come away with the usual unconvincing, but valuable, win. Probably 0-1.

If Barca play like they did in the opening 40 minutes against Lyon, they will murder Almeria. However a simple ugly 1-0 is all thats need, but Ill say it will be 0-2.

I think Recre will do Valencia. Confidence is low with the latter, they are missing key players, and questions need to be asked whether they give a feck given recent problems at the Mestalla.

Tie of the weekend is most certainly Atleti V Villareal. I think Villareal will win 2-3 in a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Well considering the Atletico - Villareal game ended 4-4 a few months ago, I've got big hopes. :D

Nah, Real Madrid just suffered their biggest loss ever in Europe, they were lucky to even get a draw against their local derby rivals and Bilbao are in splendid form. My mate summed it up;

"Yes it .. its the decider of our season..
    the game where Cule's before Madrista will be looking @ Bilbao to finish the job and kill Madrid season chances..

its a decider not due to Bilbao strength but the mental state of the squad after last Tuesday humilation
    we fall right into Bilbao hands .. passionate fans & players with hate for Real..

the older players must help.. they must pick up those 20 something players out of this hard situation

now for the good news Guti is injured or so they say .. so is Fabio Cannavaro again or so they say .. and Javi Garica
    Gago & Salgado miss the game through suspension and poor Drenthe is still suffering from the mental stress our so called "Fans' caused him
    as much as i believe in this kid.. he should be loaned for his own good .. anywhere he need much self confidence and i'm disappointed that Ramos leaving things as they are
    .. while Danny Parejo , Faubert are back into the squad
    one of the few positive things about Liverpool game was Wesley form which was pretty good compared to the last 3 month

Casillas, Dudek, Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Metzelder, Heinze, Torres, Marcelo, Lass Diarra, Sneijder, Robben, Van der Vaart, Faubert, Parejo, Saviola, Raul, Higuain, Huntelaar

I think its Lass-Sneijder.. with Robben - Marcelo on the sides.. one of Raul or Higuain will be benched for Hunter.. or Ramos could play the 3 forwards and bench Robben"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Goal.............

1 - 0

Cumanas

Mix up between the defence and keeper

Bad to worse for Valencia.

Silva you numpty. One on one golden chance to equalise and he he smacks it straight at the keeper !

Goal...........

1 - 1

Pablo

Only 7mins left.

• Advertisement

What the hell are them blue things No.5 Bilbao has stuck to the inside and outside of his legs ?

Goal..........

1 - 0

Robben

Who come this guy never played like this running at players and waltzing by the lesser ones whilst with Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

redout wrote: »
    Goal..........

1 - 0

Robben

Who come this guy never played like this running at players and waltzing by the lesser ones whilst with Chelsea.

In his 15 minutes per month he actually was very good, but sadly like duff his attacking thread was curtailed for the sake of the team and system.

nice goal there but ffs someone tackle him!!!!

2 heinze

lol edit 2-1 heinze og

2 -1

Heinze scores at both ends in the space of 8mins. Then Yeste sent of for pushing Iker who went down like a bag of bricks holding his face. Sportsmanship of the highest calibre, well done Iker. Never a red card. Asshole ref has ruined the game. Its most likely over now being a man down.

EDIT: Fuk it I'm off to watch Khan v Barrera as the ref has ruined the match. Just to add the spanish commentators said it was never a sending off also.

• Advertisement

34'[0 - 2]
    G. Heinze goal.gif

36'[1 - 2]G. Heinze (o.g.) goal.gif

then real hit the bar. Nice from Iker all right.

Justice !

Take that Iker you play acting twat.

2 - 2

Damn you i even had JUSTICE in big letters too :mad::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Casillas is a disgrace for his play acting (and the second goal). A player of his quality shouldn't be resorting to that

3-2 real wtf

bilbao not very good at this defending lark

4-2

the killer goal Huntelaar on the break with a lovely lob

peno to real

5-2 higuain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bilbao defense was utter pants. It was a very good performance from Real again though. Huntelaar seems to be growing into his role.

gimmick wrote: »
    Bilbao defense was utter pants. It was a very good performance from Real again though. Huntelaar seems to be growing into his role.

Man I would still put my house on it that when RVN comes back he will be benched. This Real side are pants I think if you put any decent forward in there they would look good.

A very good performance? Are you for real? That was definitely the most biased ref'ing I've EVER seen in a football game. It was the watching the fcuking globe trotters, Madrid were NEVER reprimanded for their fouls. The one good thing they can take from the game is Huntelaar though, he is looking like Van Nistelrooy mk II tbh, great finishing skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Only seen the 1st half or so of the Real game, agree that the ref was poor. Was given yellow cards to Bilbao players for nothing and was a very harsh red card I thought.

Looking forward to Atleti - Villarreal tonight, should be a few goals there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Half time in the four o'clocks and Racing hammering Numancia 5-0 and most notably Malaga beating Sevilla 2 nil. Mallorca also beating Espanyol 1 nil, looks like Espanyol are on their way down

Diego Lopez has been class this first-half. Atletico would have about 8 goals by now if not for him. How Villarreal are leading is boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Once again Real ruthlessly dispatch another side in la Liga to little or no credit. Huntelaar's second was absolutely brilliant play from him and Robben. Great response overall.

So only 3 points in it and the pressure all on Barca now..

kinaldo wrote: »
    Once again Real ruthlessly dispatch another side in la Liga to little or no credit. Huntelaar's second was absolutely brilliant play from him and Robben. Great response overall.

So only 3 points in it and the pressure all on Barca now..

Anything to add about Iker's despicable play acting getting Yeste sent off ?

And there is actually those who say Real are not supported by the referee's :rolleyes:

LoL, Jimmy Floyd you legend !

Villarreall 1-0 at HT. Atleti missed a peno in the first few minutes. Diego Lopez has been fcuking class.

FT Espanyol 3 - 3 Mallorca

FT Malaga 2 - 2 Sevilla

FT Racing Santander 5 - 0 Numancia

FT Real Betis 0 - 0 Osasuna

FT Sporting Gijon 3 - 2 Deportivo La Coruna

FT Valladolid 1 - 0 Getafe

redout wrote: »
    Anything to add about Iker's despicable play acting getting Yeste sent off ?

And there is actually those who say Real are not supported by the referee's :rolleyes:

While Casillas didn't exactly cover himself in glory, I've seen far worse play acting (Henry, for example, trying to get Puyol sent off in the World Cup...), and Yeste deserved to be sent off anyhow.

And please don't try to tell me Barca aren't just as loved by the refs!

Crazy

Two goals in 60 seconds

2 - 1

Villarreal

• Advertisement

Villarreal down to 10men. Javi Venta s/o for second yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tbh, I'd be happy enough if the only football I could watch for the rest of my life was Athletico Madrid playing at home

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Villarreall 1-0 at HT. Atleti missed a peno in the first few minutes. Diego Lopez has been fcuking class.

FT Espanyol 3 - 3 Mallorca

FT Malaga 2 - 2 Sevilla

FT Racing Santander 5 - 0 Numancia

FT Real Betis 0 - 0 Osasuna

FT Sporting Gijon 3 - 2 Deportivo La Coruna

FT Valladolid 1 - 0 Getafe

I don't care if the EPL has the a much stronger top 4 than La Liga, with games and results like that who actually cares? :D:D
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Tbh, I'd be happy enough if the only football I could watch for the rest of my life was Athletico Madrid playing at home

I lol'd.

Barca lineup:
    Valdés; Alves, Piqué, Márquez, Cáceres; Keita, Touré, Xavi; Messi, Bojan, Iniesta.

Almeria lineup:
    Diego Alves; Bruno, Pellerano, Acasiete, Mané; Juanma Ortiz, Juanito, Irineyt, Crusat, Kalu Uche, Negredo.

Negredo could be one to watch.

Forlan

2 - 2

With 10 men.

wtf.....

3-2

Atletico

Amazing

2-1 down with 10 men now 3-2 up with 6mins left!

• Advertisement

QFT

If only Atletico could sort out some sort of a proper defence they would be f**king lethal !

Shame they went out of the CL tbh, they got knocked out despite not losing a game! :pac:

Edit - Forlan's gotta be one of the best strikers in the world.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Shame they went out of the CL tbh, they got knocked out despite not losing a game! :pac:

Man that was the nutcase Resino and his insane tactics of dumping Forlan for sinama-pongolle. Like wtf ? Even Kun was baffled by it.

eZe^ wrote: »

Hmm, I think Porto were the better side over the two legs.

• Advertisement

Hmm, I think Porto were the better side over the two legs.

They were missing their best striker for the second leg. Shame really.

I too wish Atletico were still in the CL, such a fantastic side to watch. I wonder what the odss of them drawing 0-0 were... a most bizarre scoreline for los rojiblancos!

You know, Silvinho is one of those players who has quietly gone about having a really good career.

What a ****ing save that was!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What a ****ing save that was!!

Did you watch the Atletico vs Villareal match.

Despite 3 goals going past him Diego Lopez was definitely my MotM. Without him Atletico could easily have scored 7 or 8.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Did you watch the Atletico vs Villareal match.

Despite 3 goals going past him Diego Lopez was definitely my MotM. Without him Atletico could easily have scored 7 or 8.

Agree completely, he had a great game. Did well in Athens during the week aswell.

Agree completely, he had a great game. Did well in Athens during the week aswell.

Still waiting on a replay of that save from the Almeria keeper though....

Another fantastic save from Diego Alves from that Pique header.
    Two fantastic goalkeeping displays in a row on telly

lol all about the 'keepers tonight.

Messi rather quiet by his standards. Henry and Eto'o missing presence is apparent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement