Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-TAC Milsim Operation Thunder Rolls

• 14-03-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

To be held 22nd March 09.

Hi All,
    Sorry for been so late on posting this up.

Our first mil-sim is set to go ahead on Sunday 22nd March.
    Could all those who will be attending please post here.

I will post up a detail of what the day will be on Monday. The game itself is fictitious based and in the present.

Watch this space for more details to follow.

Mods please move to the retailers section.
    Thanks,
    Martin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

OPERATION “THUNDER ROLLS”

THE BATTLE OF CHIN DAO

The breakaway Chinese Republic of Chin Dao, has threatened to capture 4 high ranking nuclear scientists from China. Each scientist has in his possession a piece of technology. With all four pieces of technology, Chin Dao will become not only a nuclear power but also a formidable enemy, With them they threaten a nuclear strike against the free world and so wiping out all democratic rule and bringing the world to its knees under communism. China in response ask for assistance from the world community. A task force has been established combining elitist military forces from all around the world. This force is known as World Allied Defence Force (WADF). The WADF have been immediately deployed to China, undertaken protective duties and have been put on high alert for search and rescue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

best of luck from the lads ats.a.c. if there is anything we can do please dont hesitate to ask.we might even be able to attend fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭voodoo1

g-tac_09.gifCan i ask every one coming this Sunday the 22nd of march coming to operation thunder Rolls to print off this map. it will prove very useful. And can we try get everyone attending to post here so we can work out the numbers for teams. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

There will be a number of objectives to be completed.
    Search and retrieve.
    Reconnaissance.
    Infiltrate and capture.
    Search and rescue.

If the objectives are all met before the end of the day then we will reverse play and or add more objectives. This will all depend on how the games roll.

WADF

Clothing.
    As the WADF are made up of forces from all around the world, any manner of camouflage will suffice. The top must match the bottoms. Units will then be put in place and separated as per uniform type. All camouflage should be of fairly recent origin IE No WWII.

The 4 scientists will be wearing white/blue stripped shirts.

AEG. All AEG are acceptable especially more up to date styled AEG such as Styers, M4 and so on. Sidearms with a max of 3 clips. As it is to late at this point to restrict mag size, if you use high caps you can only have 3 mags and if you use mid caps, you can have 10. No box mags on M4's. Each side is allowed a maximum of 2 heavy support guns M249

The 4 scientists will be armed with one sidearm, a maximum of 3 clips each with each clip holding a maximum of 40 rounds. Ammo resupply will be possible but they must stay within 20 feet of their placement.

Communications There should be widespread use of communications amongst the WADF. Many contributing countries would have a high level of technological advancement.

CHIN DAO

Dress The Chin Dao will wear black shirts. Any camouflage pants will do.

AEG. Will mainly use Russian based AEG, AK and so on but may have captured equipment form earlier campaigns.

Communication. None that are known of, but have been known to use equipment of captives for communication and listening to and taunt their enemy.

Everyone should bring a black shirt or t-shirt with them.
    Games will start promptly at 10:30. Barring lunch for 40 minuets, there will be no breaks. All the games will roll into each other.

Anyone with any questions, please post here or contact either myself or Alan by PM.
    Thanks all,
    Martin.

PS. Can I just add, that communications are and will be very important for this. Can I urge everyone to make an attempt at having a radio of some description for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I should be there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Best of luck with this Martin, Evelyn and co.. I hope everything runs smooth. Wont be able to make it, I have to rest up till PR3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I should be along to this. Hoping my flecktarn arrives in time :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

I hope to be able to make it out should know in the next day or so. I have been meaning to get out for a while would be a great time for my first day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

Hey dont know if I am able to make this but the mag limits should possibly be ammo limits ? ie 1000 rnds per load as this I'd imagine the former will annoy people?

MP5 3 hicaps (long) = 600 rnds

AK 3 hicaps (long) = 1500 rnds

so having a gun with small hicaps would be a bit crap?

kalkor wrote: »
    Hey dont know if I am able to make this but the mag limits should possibly be ammo limits ? ie 1000 rnds per load as this I'd imagine the former will annoy people?

MP5 3 hicaps (long) = 600 rnds

AK 3 hicaps (long) = 1500 rnds

so having a gun with small hicaps would be a bit crap?

It is probably to inlude as much people as possible, as we have found from previous milsim threads, everyone has a little bitch and moan when its midcaps only, which all milsim should. But clearly a decision has been made to include as many people as possible, because midcaps so so "expensive".

Looks fine to me, and this place is so big, I wouldnt want to be running to reload every few hours :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭kalkor

It is probably to inlude as much people as possible, as we have found from previous milsim threads, everyone has a little bitch and moan when its midcaps only, which all milsim should. But clearly a decision has been made to include as many people as possible, because midcaps so so "expensive".

Looks fine to me, and this place is so big, I wouldnt want to be running to reload every few hours :)

I said 1000rnds per loading - regardless of whether using real mid or hicaps

if there where a load of AKs on the terrorist side they would have an awful lot more ammo

worst case would be three 1000 round AK mags vrs three M4 300 rnds??

and consideration for the poor guy carrying 600 rnds for his MP5. . .

kalkor wrote: »
    I said 1000rnds per loading - regardless of whether using real mid or hicaps

if there where a load of AKs on the terrorist side they would have an awful lot more ammo

worst case would be three 1000 round AK mags vrs three M4 300 rnds??

and consideration for the poor guy carrying 600 rnds for his MP5. . .

We at G-TAC are very sorry you feel the Rules we have set down are not to your satisfaction!
    It would be near impossible to impose the Rules you have suggested for obvious reasons
    as in we would need nearly 1 marshal for every 2 people playing and a very quick way of counting BB's.
    which lets face it just won't happen! We appreciate you input on this matter.

P.S. the little guy with the mp5 should consider himself lucky..... in real world or playstaion or xbox he would only have 30 rds per mag!!!!

Guy just to clarify games will start promptly at half ten! Registration and chronoing will start from half 9 onwards! And my good friends tea and coffee will be there from half 9 on to!!!!:cool::cool::cool: can't wait to see4 you all there!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

Hey Lads,

ill be there !....

lookin forward to it !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Meself and some of the lads should be there. :)

anyone have any ideas on what kinda numbers are going to be there?

I'll be there (someone has to ferry Richie and Doc around).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

I hope this goes well for you Martin and Evelyn;);) Sounds cool:)

Bren

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I'll be there (someone has to ferry Richie and Doc around).

If you hadnt of met us two, youd still be in your brit dpm or jeans you ****ing nomad

:p

TheDoc wrote: »
    If you hadnt of met us two, youd still be in your brit dpm or jeans you ****ing nomad

:p

Enjoy your day out in connolly station lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cpl_mick_1234

Ah only just found this out now I should really check here more often. Best of luck with this hopfully it gos well but I won't make it.

• Advertisement

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Enjoy your day out in connolly station lads!

I'll be standing opposite a bunch of junkies and people stumbling home at 8am in full flecktarn with a rifle case.

I think i could have a better day than galway :)

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'll be standing opposite a bunch of junkies and people stumbling home at 8am in full flecktarn with a rifle case.

I think i could have a better day than galway :)

So your idea of a better day is a cell in store st garda station??:D:Dhehe
    With the forenamed Junkies and people stumbling over ya??
    I tried just standing waiting on a bus like that once.....ended up in Pearse st
    by special invite of ARU :eek:. A misunderstanding of coarse but not nice. The smell was brutal!!:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Good games there today people, pleasure as always, and those burgers..... what can i say, that sauce was just magic! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement