Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now i know how the English were able to rule us for almost a thousand years.

Options
  • 14-03-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

We have a country up the creek financially and a clever media who try to divert our attention onto the public servants and their over blown salaries. True I hear you say and true it is. Many of them, T.D.s included have more money than they need but consider this Ireland inc obviously needs cash the "man" is banging on the door looking to get paid so who do we get it off, the public servant on €15,000 a year? increase the tax on the P.A.Y.E. worker on €30,000 or maybe just maybe we get it off the people who have more money than they can ever spend in a hundred life times. The zillionaires and lesser millionaires (33,000 at the last count) who were able to stash away billions courtesy of a very friendly revenue and clever accountants. "Billions I tell Ye" why aren't we (or more specifically Cowen or Lenihan) going after them, the Sirs and the ten helicopter magnates and owners of the very newspapers who cleverly manage to shine the spotlight on everyone but themselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

We have been rabbiting on about this sort of thing for weeks now. Why not just join in on one or other of the threads we already have?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

And the English connection is .....?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

And the English connection is .....?

...giving free fiddle lessons before they left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

So the English used the Irish media to destroy the country for a thousand years! I knew it all along, it is all so clear now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There are a host of joinable threads already discussing this, adding the rant about Tony O'Reilly and his tea-mates may add something to one of those.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement