Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-phone Advice requested

• 14-03-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

I am in the US at present.
    I am a senior and not up to date on the iphone.
    If I buy iphone in the US is it possible to unlock it for use in Ireland on Vodafone net:confused:work or did use it on prepay?
    Will all the other applications work?
    I am confused between jail break and iphone crack can someone explain it to me in idiot proof language.
    I asked briefly about purchasing one and I think the guy said u need a US address which I can supply.
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭acidburn51737

speedbird1 wrote: »
    I am in the US at present.
    I am a senior and not up to date on the iphone.
    If I buy iphone in the US is it possible to unlock it for use in Ireland on Vodafone net:confused:work or did use it on prepay?
    Will all the other applications work?
    I am confused between jail break and iphone crack can someone explain it to me in idiot proof language.
    I asked briefly about purchasing one and I think the guy said u need a US address which I can supply.
    Thank you
    Well first things first, the iphone is locked to at&t in the us and o2 here in ireland. The applications are also limited. Henced its called "jailed" ^^. The quick pawn tool (you have to use a pc or mac for this program) lets you jailbreak your iphone so that you can install third party applications and put in themes that you like/want for free ^^. you can actually buy an iphone in the us and use it here in ireland. But hers the catch, you have to restore(change the firmware) it to version 2.2 and jailbreak it using quickpawn to unlock it. I highly recommend it to be done by someone who has experience in jailbreaking ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭speedbird1

Thank you for the information. i grasp the concept now.
    AT & T are offering refurbish models at resent, I just got to check if u can buy them without a contract.
    Thanks again for the prompt reply

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭bacon?

hi speedbird1.. are you buying the iphone on contract with at&t?

i~ll be in the states soon, and was wondering whats the best way to get my hands on an iphone

Advertisement