Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyfest where to park?

• 14-03-2009 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Was just wondering where the best place to park for the skyfest?, will be driving in from the kilkenny way.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'd suggest somewhere in Ferrybank. You can walk into town easily enough from there, and then you're parked on the right side of the bridge for escaping later - I'm assuming here that the traffic will be horrendous.

For getting back to KK, you can cut across to the N9 via Slieverue, Cloone and Smartscastle (if you know the roads, or have a sat nav). Alternatively you can head home via New Ross, Inistoge and Thomastown.

(The reason I don't suggest anywhere on the Dublin Road or Newrath is that it's all being dug up at the moment and the first bit of anything you could call "parking" is probably out by the Redbridge service station - a long and lonely walk back to the motor).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Free car parking in college st car park which is empty atm. Closes at 9. Railway square car park closing at 9.30.

Advertisement