Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noobie to Lucan

• 14-03-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Ahoy Gang,

As the title suggests, I'm a blow in to Lucan, only moved up a couple of months ago, bought a house up in Finnstown :)

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any good spots? good pubs, restaurants etc.

It's a lovely area, and all the people seem really nice (although some git swiped my recycle bin lol) I'm originally from Kilmainham, but you'd want to be Bill Gates to buy a house there now!!!

Lookin' forward to hearing ur suggestions, also, anyone know of any good gyms in the area? (still trying to lose the Christmas belly :P)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

Pubs are a lot quieter now than they used to be. In the village Kennys is fine - ONeillls - quite young crowd, Courtneys is fine. Outside of them The Penny Hill is ok as is the Ball Alley. Foxhunter used to have a lste bar but this has now stopped. The Lord Lucan which is probably nearest you is not great.

Restaurants - In the village Kasturi is a great Indian (also do takeaway). There are a few Chinese's Annadales & Good Year - Both do eat -in and takeaway - Flaming Wok2??? used to do a nice takeaway. Pizza - ther is a dominoes but if you want to try something different go to Pregos up near Eurospar - Its not a chain - its privately owned - they've won a lot of awards and the pizzas are excellent -(they do a lovely one with a fried egg in the middle - hmmmmmmmm Pizza)

Plenty of clubs around and a few gyms within 10 mins drive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dufresne wrote: »
    Pubs are a lot quieter now than they used to be. In the village Kennys is fine - ONeillls - quite young crowd, Courtneys is fine. Outside of them The Penny Hill is ok as is the Ball Alley. Foxhunter used to have a lste bar but this has now stopped. The Lord Lucan which is probably nearest you is not great.

Restaurants - In the village Kasturi is a great Indian (also do takeaway). There are a few Chinese's Annadales & Good Year - Both do eat -in and takeaway - Flaming Wok2??? used to do a nice takeaway. Pizza - ther is a dominoes but if you want to try something different go to Pregos up near Eurospar - Its not a chain - its privately owned - they've won a lot of awards and the pizzas are excellent -(they do a lovely one with a fried egg in the middle - hmmmmmmmm Pizza)

They changed their names again, it's called The Tasty! And it's just a takeaway.

Yeah, Lucan Village is a great spot. There's a great chinese restaurant called Princess Garden up beside Topaz. The Annadale is great too, as stated above. Dominoes is in Tescos. There's a McDonalds and a Starbucks in Superquinn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Dufresne wrote: »

pretty much spot on. the lord lucan:p is a bit of a kip alright,lots of 'clientele' who are barred from other establishments drink there now.

the pizza in prego's is the 'dublin pizza',basically a fry-up on a pizza,it's feckin' massive:pac:

there's a gym in finnstown house,that would be the nearest to you,quite expensive i've been told. there's also one in the community centre(just after AGP). the biggest one nearby would probably be 'liffey valley fitness',it's on the coldcut road at the back of the liffey valley shopping centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Haha, not drank in the Lord Lucan yet, looked like an OK spot but I'll take your warnings on board :) come to think of it, last time it was sunny there was a pram brigade in it's beer garden lol. I've been to the Princess Gardens a few times with the ex girlfriend, good spot and the food was nice :)

I've started getting the train home from work, the walk from Adamstown in only about 10 - 15 minutes so that's a bonus, it's handy too as there's a running track just next to the house, so that should save me a few quid on the gym :D

Oh and bonus, I got my recycle bin back :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I was calling around for gyms recently and Finnstown had a great offer on which made it better than any other. I'm new enough to Lucan but my hubbie is from here, Courtneys is great craic and theres a lovely restaurant in there too, the Penny Hill is ok, cant say about the Lord Lucan, Kennys isnt bad either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement