Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BOI shares steadily rising... Worth a punt?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I also think this "additional help" which the EU has verbally agreed to give Ireland which will look, walk and quack like a 2nd bailout but won't be called or acknowledged to be a 2nd bailout (i.e. they "insure" our bond auctions in the same way Daddy signs a personal guarantee for his little darlings credit card) has removed a significant portion of risk in terms of us a) us leaving the Euro or b) defaulting on our sovereign debt and the negative effects that would have on the banking system here.

Less risk = higher market value for BOI ;)

Ben

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its still not going to go back up to the 27c I bought in at :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,071 ✭✭✭✭neris

Its still not going to go back up to the 27c I bought in at :P

it will just not anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭ranger4

neris wrote: »
    it will just not anytime soon

Will take time however Confident SP will recover and surpass that range.

Monday will be interesting "IF" Greek bond deal seen as possitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Monday will be interesting "IF" Greek bond deal seen as possitive.
    Well it won't be this Monday.

Link

• Advertisement

martyoo wrote: »
    Well it won't be this Monday.

Link

SP broke above 0.094 and 0.0880 resistance last week, Broke above 11c even with negitive greek news today, SP showing strong support,
    +7.48% today at 3.13pm,bid 0.1140, offer 0.1150 order book strong.

Whats going on with BOI up again this morning. Wonder how long this little run will go with the state of the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

Whats going on with BOI up again this morning. Wonder how long this little run will go with the state of the country
    As long as the market confidence is there. People Believe things are getting better.
    I hope they are right...

Huge possitive for Ireland and Bkir,

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/ntma-very-pleased-with-huge-success-of-debt-swap-3000359.html

SP has now broke above its 25-50-150 and for the first time since april 2010 today broke above its 200DMA, Very bullish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Decided to go for them today and hope this trend continues. Looking to hold onto them for at least a year so not too worried if it drops back.

As O'Brien has said they have managed to sort out their balance sheet. Only danger would be another retail bank entering the Irish market but I don't really see that happening anytime soon :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Wish i had bought more when they were around 6.

Bluefox21 wrote: »
    Decided to go for them today and hope this trend continues. Looking to hold onto them for at least a year so not too worried if it drops back.

As O'Brien has said they have managed to sort out their balance sheet. Only danger would be another retail bank entering the Irish market but I don't really see that happening anytime soon :p

I agree,Irish retail market currently not large enough to intice foreign bank to enter market for now, Irish Gov will want SP to break above wilbur ross valuation of 27c+ and hit break even point of 36c before possible RS takes place, This bank is in recovery mode and an absolute steal at current SP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

So how much is BOI valued at now?

Hope this bull keeps running a bit higher. BOI is the only green I have in my account at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PBPumpkin

They're still rising!

Still feel they are undervalued. One of the few banks in Europe to already meet all the capital adequacy requirements so don't really see further dilution. Balance sheet is getting there and they definitely hold a better reputation than AIB especially considering the significantly smaller government stake.

Summary: Buy :p

They also seem to making good progress in selling off their non core assets. The bank sector in europe has been on a run the last week but the spanish are putting in new requirements for their banks. hope this wont affect the industry as a whole. Hope though the run continues my pitence holding in boi now has me up to a good night out

US jobs data smashed expectations to upside, possitive momentum will continue and 15c range will be broke through, gl fellow fkirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Still feel they are undervalued. One of the few banks in Europe to already meet all the capital adequacy requirements so don't really see further dilution. Balance sheet is getting there and they definitely hold a better reputation than AIB especially considering the significantly smaller government stake.

Summary: Buy :p

+1

@ 13c today will be an incredible opportunity by 2015.

Buy now whilst most are still running away!!

• Advertisement

Just hit 15c there. Seriously resisting putting more money into it. Already put 25% of my capital into it at 12c.

I have a general rule not to put more than 25% into a single equity (for obvious reasons) but put these on at least 21c before they level out.

Serious headache :p

I'm surprised by how it's growing steadily.

People with more knowledge than me, how high do you see this going in the short and long terms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

People with more knowledge than me, how high do you see this going in the short and long terms?
    Who's that directed at LOL?

Realistically, not that high. The hope is that in meeting all the capital adequacy requirements the bank is in a position to rebuild without the danger from a shareholders perspective of further share dilution.

I personally value AIB at .01 at best and feel there is an opportunity now for BOI to dominate the Irish market. I said in a previous post that I see them reaching .21c. That's very optimistic but I don't see them dropping much lower even with what is going on in Greece.

NB I probably do not have more knowledge than you!

Realistically, not that high. The hope is that in meeting all the capital adequacy requirements the bank is in a position to rebuild without the danger from a shareholders perspective of further share dilution.

I personally value AIB at .01 at best and feel there is an opportunity now for BOI to dominate the Irish market. I said in a previous post that I see them reaching .21c. That's very optimistic but I don't see them dropping much lower even with what is going on in Greece.

I tend to agree,The Bank well over half way through its deleveraging process, Well capitalised and ripe for reaping the benifits with an Irish recovery, 14C showing very strong support and SP holding up extreamly well with negitive greek situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

What is the fascination with this stock anyway? It's a very high risk option IMO. Expect a downside to this as most shares have been posting large gains since late August. The improving US economy is driving up stocks worldwide.

For me, the interest is it's my first stock investment so I am keen to see how it does and hope it does well...

Not true. I've only got two investments, both for 400€ so my knowledge of such things is pretty much nonexistant. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

For me, the interest is it's my first stock investment so I am keen to see how it does and hope it does well...

Not true. I've only got two investments, both for 400€ so my knowledge of such things is pretty much nonexistant. :P

Do not confuse experience with knowledge. Perhaps you knew enough to avoid losing thousands.

• Site Banned Posts: 76 ✭✭RXMPS

How do I buy?

Think I will put 100 euro down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if there is much trade in BOI options? I am using an online EU broker whereby you manage your own tardes, and I cannot find any options for BOI. Just wondering if it is a restriction of the broker or not much trade on the Irish exchange of BOI options.

Ta!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Does anyone have any opinions on what share price BOI are likely to start paying dividends again?

Realistically not for a long time or at least I hope not anyway. Share price isn't really that relevant when deciding whether or not to pay dividends except as a measure of performance. I'd hope that any money they get would be used to strengthen the balance sheet and maybe buy back a few shares instead.

IMO I don't see dividends being paid until at least 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if there is much trade in BOI options? I am using an online EU broker whereby you manage your own tardes, and I cannot find any options for BOI. Just wondering if it is a restriction of the broker or not much trade on the Irish exchange of BOI options.

Ta!

options trade on the US ADR line, but don't think any trade in EU

what was the stock split ratio last they offered shares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

woodseb wrote: »
    options trade on the US ADR line, but don't think any trade in EU

Thanks for that. A pity for me as my account does not permit US options and I wanted to go long on BOI. :(

SP showing very strong support and 0.1380 support held very well last week with all the negitive greek news, Greeks will pass vote in parliment later today and we should see some relief for markets tomorrow as for Bkir i believe we are very close to starting wave 3 which should see SP in high teens-low 20s soon.

I'm hoping for a +300% gain by Easter. I'm amazed there isn't more of a fuss made about the BoI opp.

When it comes to buying shares, people are definitely much more gullible and behave like sheep.

They'd never leave the barn for fear of foxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Ok, been thinking about buyig BOI shares for a while and I'm thinking of taking a gamble and buying some using Zecco.com. Buying on the NYSE.

I wonder am I mad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

ranger4 wrote: »
    SP showing very strong support and 0.1380 support held very well last week with all the negitive greek news, Greeks will pass vote in parliment later today and we should see some relief for markets tomorrow as for Bkir i believe we are very close to starting wave 3 which should see SP in high teens-low 20s soon.
    based on what?

i think it wont go down much further. i would speculate most of the current shareholders are elderly folk who missed the boat and dont see the point in selling.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping for a +300% gain by Easter. I'm amazed there isn't more of a fuss made about the BoI opp.

When it comes to buying shares, people are definitely much more gullible and behave like sheep.

They'd never leave the barn for fear of foxes.
    spoken like someone with zero experience.

Dapos wrote: »
    Ok, been thinking about buyig BOI shares for a while and I'm thinking of taking a gamble and buying some using Zecco.com. Buying on the NYSE.

I wonder am I mad....
    you could be.

any animal sacrafices?

shangri la wrote: »
    you could be.

any animal sacrafices?

Nobody is denying that BKIR are high risk but realistically the vast majority of bank shares can be considered risky at this point. IMO if they can keep turning over a small profit while consolidating the BS a 300% return is not beyond the realms of possibility assuming both a global recovery and dominance in the Irish market.

Saying that can see them bouncing between.12c and .20c for quite a while

Nobody is denying that BKIR are high risk but realistically the vast majority of bank shares can be considered risky at this point. IMO if they can keep turning over a small profit while consolidating the BS a 300% return is not beyond the realms of possibility assuming both a global recovery and dominance in the Irish market.

Saying that can see them bouncing between.12c and .20c for quite a while

your right 300% gains are not impossible...............................on the pump n dump otc markets.

shangri la wrote: »
    spoken like someone with zero experience.

And how would you know? If you don't agree with BoI upside, move on. So far I'm up 100% and rising.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

I've gone balls into BOI since before Xmas. Bought at .08, .12 and .141 what I can't understand is the AIB share rally on much improved volumes. I wouldn't take them personally if they were .01 cent. Any reason for their huge price increase since last week.

maddragon wrote: »
    I've gone balls into BOI since before Xmas. Bought at .08, .12 and .141 what I can't understand is the AIB share rally on much improved volumes. I wouldn't take them personally if they were .01 cent. Any reason for their huge price increase since last week.

I think alot of its to do with the good feeling thats in the market at the moment and the bull run thats happening and the increase in,aib is just good feeling. I bought boi at a few prices b4 xmas but got out friday on a stop loss but planning to get back in at a lower price

Retrace was on the cards and now the SP looks to have taken a breather today and even recovered slightly, Aib investors dumping their shares and possibly jumping aboard the Bkir ship, I believe the market has already priced in negitive earnings results and increased further Loan impairments with mondays earnings release next monday.

ranger4 wrote: »
    Retrace was on the cards and now the SP looks to have taken a breather today and even recovered slightly, Aib investors dumping their shares and possibly jumping aboard the Bkir ship, I believe the market has already priced in negitive earnings results and increased further Loan impairments with mondays earnings release next monday.

Actually very optimistic about the results next week!

SP to hit 20c by Friday :D

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0220/1224312049721.html?via=rel

Interesting piece about one major investor who also believes in my earlier prediction of a +300% gain in BoI.

Next 12 months will be a very big and revealing time for this bank.

• Advertisement
Advertisement