Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do muiltiplayers work

• 14-03-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I don't have a console myself, play on PC, but was wondering how multiplayers on consoles work, do they use servers the same as pc or is it all peer to peer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Mostly its P2P. COD4, GOW are P2P. I think HALO3 might have a dedicated server inside Bungie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's the one downfall of console multiplayer that it's mostly peer 2 peer. it's a great shame tbh and it's one of the reasons i don't play online on consoles at all it's just too unpredictable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

it's the one downfall of console multiplayer that it's mostly peer 2 peer. it's a great shame tbh and it's one of the reasons i don't play online on consoles at all it's just too unpredictable.

I have had an xbox since 2005 and i think (bear in mind its near three years now) i could count on one hand how many times there has been really bad games due to using p2p, i play alot of cod and i used to play cod on the computer and i wouldnt go back, tbh the only thing i would change about multiplayer has nothin to do with the connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

alot of the time when i play online the p2p works fine, just the odd time everyone will have high lat and sometimes the host gets annoyed because he is getting pwned and ends the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

gino85 wrote: »
    sometimes the host gets annoyed because he is getting pwned and ends the match
    IMO, that is one of the biggest downfalls of P2P.

• Advertisement
Advertisement