Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garrett Tubridy running for a council seat...

Options
  • 14-03-2009 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

In all seriousness, what on earth is this guy thinking???

http://garretttubridy.ie/

I've read his site and it seems to be filled with the same politically coded bullsh*t that we should be trying to get away from. Another FF loudmouth from the leafy suburbs who thinks he knows what is best for us all. He seems to have f*ck all to say about extremely important issues like unemployment, instead he thinks that Dublin City Council should be organising tea parties for residents of ballsbridge and Rathmines, so they can "integrate" with each other.

Quote:

I would like to see:

Music recitals by local musicians and art exhibitions by local artists in our parks which would encourage people out of their houses and into our parks where they can meet other families and create a sense of community.

:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

I might "volunteer" for his campaign. The best way to destory an organisation is to join it, and take it down from the inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

It takes a lot more than a Obamaesque website to make a candidate.

If I was personally doing his website I would have done the most important thing - remove all references to Fianna Fail.

But he'l probably get voted in because they will think hes related to Ryan. SIE: Stupid Irish Electorate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

turgon wrote: »
    But he'l probably get voted in because they will think hes related to Ryan. SIE: Stupid Irish Electorate.

He is Ryan Tubridy's brother. They are nephews of David Andrews.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/tubridy-turns-on-the-razzmatazz-1605117.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

The Raven. wrote: »
    He is Ryan Tubridy's brother. They are nephews of David Andrews.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/tubridy-turns-on-the-razzmatazz-1605117.html

And cousins of Barry Andrews - another FFing dynasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

turgon wrote: »
    If I was personally doing his website I would have done the most important thing - remove all references to Fianna Fail.

The references to FF are few and discreet on that website. Smart move tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I look at this guy and I just see the same smug, privileged, Tubridy "I was born to be famous" grin looking back at me.

This guy should do us all a favour and forget about politics. It's annoying looking at him posing on his website, talking about Dublin City Council organising tea parties in Ballsbridge so his wealthy neighbours can rub shoulders, while many people in his own constituency are losing their jobs and he seems to have sweet f*ck all to say about that.

Garrett, go out and do something useful for your community like create a few jobs or actually make a difference, and come back to us when you have something positive to report, at least something other than a website hopelessly woven together with politically coded b*ll****.

I am 33, married and have one son.

He looks about 15. I'd say his son looks older than he does!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

Whatever about this fella running for local council, I'm concerned about Maurice Ahern running for TD!!! The older brother of the man mainly responsible for this whole mess is not the man to get us out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm sold! :)

Oh wait, I live Waterford. Shame! :p

Whats wrong with a bit of kulture? Darragh? Even as the ship sinks, a band should be playing with zest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Sickening.
    A man of the people, a real working class hero.
    What a knob, no doubt his bell end brother will fancy himself as the Bobby Kennedy of the family and will be using the airwaves to promote this bullsh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He wants art in the parks? Fine! I'll do some live bodypainting in Herbert Park when I'm next back. He'll love that.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

Nothing new to Irish politics - The "you know my name so of course you will vote for me" has been around for yonks.

In saying that he may be a good candidate and do a fab job................. or maybe not ! Time will tell. I hope people don't just vote for him because of his surname.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

livvy wrote: »
    Nothing new to Irish politics - The "you know my name so of course you will vote for me" has been around for yonks.

In saying that he may be a good candidate and do a fab job................. or maybe not ! Time will tell. I hope people don't just vote for him because of his surname.

We know your name and your party. That's why we won't vote for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

spadder wrote: »

May i at this point say I have no affiliation with this man !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

spadder wrote: »

You know, the last thing I see wrong with him is his FF connection. He just looks smarmy, cocky and entitled. There isn't a single useful policy initiative on his website that I could identify with. He obviously has looked at the Obama campaign and decided that it wasn't the candidate that won the election but the fact that he had a website!?!?!

Jesus how do people like this get it a notion in their heads that they have anything to offer the poor suffering people of this city???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Cronus333

Well he is running in Pembroke-Rathmines ward, one of the leafiest and most privileged in the country. This is what the electors want to hear.

But he won't win. Its a 6 seater with 6 incumbents, 5 of them opposition (3 labour and 2 FG). In this climate thats hopeless for a first time FFer.....

Advertisement