Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with UPC connection in Ballincollig, Cork

Options
  • 14-03-2009 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

There was "Network Improvement Work" in our area yesterday (Ballincollig, Cork) which resulted in our digital tv, broadband and phone service being down for a number of hours.
    The digital tv service returned at about 1pm, the broadband and the phone never returned though.

I rang UPC who are insisting on sending an engineer on Thursday afternoon!!

On my modem the Down light is fully lit but the Up light is flashing... This appears strange as the modem is receiving a signal but cannot seem to connect to the up stream. This makes me think that it must be an issue outside of our house.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong, or better still are there any engineers willing to help me out before Thursday, as I really can't be without my broadband connection until then.

Advertisement