Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dj hype gig in gpo?

Options
  • 14-03-2009 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

hiya
    thinking of heading up to this with the lad im meeting but i dont know galway very well.what will sunday night 2mor like be out in town?some people tell the gpo is pure rough?!well town be all students out or what?what would be a good pre gig pub,i like anything as long as it aint a chav spot thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Sundays are pretty quiet (compared to the weekdays), there won't be many students out as most of them only get into Galway that night. As for pubs, try The Cellar which is nearly opposite the GPO, or The Hole In The Wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

cheers fionn.would galway be busy 2mor night you think with it being paddys.monday is kinda 50/50 with some people off other half day.do you think it will be a busy gig and what kinda crowd will it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Tomorrow night will be busy in town, it being Paddy's weekend and all.

GPO can be rough, its fine though, as long as you're not an air head and have your wits about you.

Pre pub would be drum bar which is joined to GPO

Not many students around at the weekend, but you can never tell with Sundays

Monday will be mental and Tuesday will be quite enough, with people working Wednesday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i aint an air head.but would the rough crowd depend on the gig?would a drum n bass night have a better crowd in the gpo??

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

Hype wont have a bad crowd, defo not, esp since tidy boys were in there last night.

it will always have a few skangers in there, they wont bother you unless you bother them. its a grand place. security are far better than what they used to be

• Advertisement
Advertisement