Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus crash in Lucan Village

• 14-03-2009 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭

Anybody hear anything about a bus crash in the village this morning - it was reported on some of the radio stations.

Edit just found this on rte.ie

Five hurt in bus crash

Four people have been taken to hospital after a Dublin bus crashed into a wall in Lucan this morning.

The bus, a 67A, was travelling from Celbridge to the city centre when it hit a wall at St Mary's Church in Lucan at around 10.30am.

There were around 50 passengers on board at the time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Just passed by there.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dkn9cn.jpg
    There's glass and brake light glass on the ground just to the left of the picture. Looks like he hit a car then swung across the road into the walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wonder what happened!

I remember about 10 years ago a bus crashed into the wall opposite the ball allwy but I think there was snow and ice on the road at that time. Was it frosty there today? Doesn't look like it in the picture.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Wonder what happened!

I remember about 10 years ago a bus crashed into the wall opposite the ball allwy but I think there was snow and ice on the road at that time. Was it frosty there today? Doesn't look like it in the picture.

Mild and a little windy all day. No where near freezing. I'd be just walking down the stairs to get off at the next stop where it crashed :/

More info on here: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/eyaucwqlmhmh/rss2/

"Fifty people were on board at the time, three of whom have been taken to Connolly Hospital in Blanchardstown with minor injuries.

The bus driver had to be cut from the vehicle and is now in hospital in a serious but stable condition.
    "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Dufresne

I haven't seen todays papers yet so I don't know if there are any pictures in them. I thought I'd post one the mother sent me in case there are ex-pats who read this forum. Its only taken on a phone so not great quality

74929.JPG

buscrash.jpg

Another one

• Advertisement

Unreal! I wonder what exactly happened!

A Flickr page here. Only one photo and not as good as the ones here :)

According to the Tribune, the driver's injuries weren't that serious in the end. They must have thought it was when he went to St James's and the rest went to Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

They are slowly but surely managing to cut the fleet by 10% alright! great pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Story I heard ... and there are a few of them floating about, was that a car pulled out of the carpark and the bus swerved then clipped a car parked on the road and then mounted the wall. The car on the road was written off and a number in the carpark damaged. Luckily noone was in the cars....

Yeah excellent pics alright, luckily there were no predestrians on the footpath at the time either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

according to the liffey champion there was a funeral going on at the time in st. marys across the road. the garda had the road blocked off,had to open the roadblock to let the hearse get down chapel hill while everyone else had to go down through the village to get to the cemetery. i can only imagine the shock of walking out of a funeral mass to see that carnage across the road.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

lord lucan wrote: »
    according to the liffey champion there was a funeral going on at the time in st. marys across the road. the garda had the road blocked off,had to open the roadblock to let the hearse get down chapel hill while everyone else had to go down through the village to get to the cemetery. i can only imagine the shock of walking out of a funeral mass to see that carnage across the road.:eek:

They heard the accident in the church, and the number plates of the damaged cars were read out also so there was some warning - think the extent of it must have been a shock though.

Advertisement