Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top soil

Options
  • 14-03-2009 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi does anybody have any idea where I'd get good topsoil in the Clare/Limerick area and roughly how much can I expect to pay? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 web2europe

I know a Frank Nash in Shannon who delivers in convenient bags. He has a little crane on the back of the lorry so can place it over walls etc. His number is 086 820 6644.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

there is free top soil on freetradeireland.com not sure where in the country though.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

I had to pay €1000 to get rid of about 300 tonne of it about 2 months ago. Real good quality stuff too.
    You could have had it all for nothing !!

Anyway, Truck was charging €50 per load and digger was €300 a day to load.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Try these people Quickcrop delivered to your door for topsoil and compost.

www.quickcrop.ie/page/soil__compost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

When buying top soil how do you know it is free from invasive flora/fauna and other nasties?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

When buying top soil how do you know it is free from invasive flora/fauna and other nasties?

The only way to know that is to buy topsoil that has been "sterilized".

That way any nasties in it have been banished/killed from growing in the future.

"Screened" just means that the top soil is free of large lumps of stone,sticks,debris and shards of glass (usually from demolished greenhouses)

Advertisement