Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Marathon Stewards !

Options
  • 14-03-2009 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Soo I was in work bored and heard on the radio that the cork marathon were looking for stewards and I figure why not =D 2 Days of my time for something good looking on my CV

Did anyone do it last year so I can have an idea of what people do as one ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

yeah, I did it at the 22 mile mark last year. The short version is you hand out about 2000 bottles of water/energy drink.

The more invovled answer is you are on your feet for 8 hours, you're yelling for most of it, your encouraging, you're checking people are ok, feeding them, rubbing sun screen in, picking up the 2000 bottles of water, cleaning sticky gel packs, dragging crates of bottles around the place, ...... If I'm not running the race, I'll do it again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

Sounds like good fun if the weather is good but not my idea of fun on a wet, miserable day. Fingers crossed for a fine day in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Go on, put your names down. It can be a long day and you'll get precious little thanks. However, if you throw yourself into the day, you'll be pleased to have been part of what is a great day for Cork. You'll also have the (mostly unspoken) thanks of all the runners who rely on you guys for moral support as well as for the services you provide.

Don't necessarily expect a plum job though. As an experienced race organiser new to Ireland, I volunteered to help at the Raheny 5 last year. I was told to look after the men's changing rooms and I saw not a bit of the racing :) but hey, all these little things need to be done and the organisers will love you for it.

See you in June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

that actually sounds like great fun =p

however i might make it sound better when i try to convince my friend to do it with me :)

thanks a bunch !

Advertisement