Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband without a phone line?

Options
  • 14-03-2009 6:30pm

My brother wants to get broadband but not a phone line. What options does he have? I know myself that Chorus' broadband doesn't require a phone line because it's cable broadband. Is mobile broadband as awful as I've heard?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My brother wants to get broadband but not a phone line. What options does he have? I know myself that Chorus' broadband doesn't require a phone line because it's cable broadband. Is mobile broadband as awful as I've heard?

Mobile is as awful as you've heard and often worse. Aside from UPC/NTL/Chorus there's also the likes IBB, Clearwire for wireless broadband. There may also be the option of area specific wireless providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Spear wrote: »
    Mobile is as awful as you've heard and often worse.

Truer words seldom said. No comparison between mobile and real broadband.

Digiweb also provide fixed wireless access (antenna on the side of the house or chimney). Better than broadband-in-a-box products.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭wayne riley

word of warning stay away from clearwire please,
    very very slow:mad::mad:

Advertisement