Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patricks Day Parade(s)

Options
  • 14-03-2009 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Well it is almost that of the year again, where will everyone be attending the Parade this year?
    According to the Killarney Advertiser their seems to be a big line-up for Killarney with : Mick O' Dwyer as the Grand Marshall and near to 60 groups participating.

It will be the first year in a while that i won't be in the Kingdom for it. Hope some people take some pictures from all over the county :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

I'll have to make due with the one going up Fifth Avenue in NYC.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Il be in the castleisland one..look out for the yellow datsun..:p
    Always a good turnout of vintage cars there.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

Dingle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Ballyduff!
    Enjoy the parades everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,053 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Of course, the annual highlight of the Listowel parade will be King Deenihan waving to his subjects from the back of a truck. You wouldn't want to miss the thrills and spills of that, and the elegant mobile display of peat briquettes as provided by McKennas.

You'd all better get down there quick - don't miss the fun-packed fun. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Kerry is supposed to have a lurvly clear day tommorrow :pac: good news for all the towns holding parades

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Kerry is supposed to have a lurvly clear day tommorrow :pac: good news for all the towns holding parades
    Aye..il be out with the turtle wax in the morning!!
    If anyone takes pics maybe post some here..

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I heard the Dingle parade was starting at 6 a.m. Were there many at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

If it was 9.00 a.m., they'd have had a better chance of a turnout but who knows? There was something about them wanting to be the first in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

overmantle wrote: »
    If it was 9.00 a.m., they'd have had a better chance of a turnout but who knows? There was something about them wanting to be the first in the country.

And there was silly ol me thinking it was to get in the crowd coming out of the pubs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement