Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDP road signs!!

Options
  • 14-03-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Just back from a trip west and one thing stood out to me on the roads was the big huge signs that read:

"National Development Plan: Funded by the Irish Government"

These signs are literally everywhere. They're on nearly every road, in rural villages and even in the middle of a town signifying that they're "working" on getting broadband there!

It's great to see so many projects across the country still going, however aren't these signs just unnecessary, political, and dangerous.

1. They only state the name of the project and fail to detail anything, even when the project it states is all around you!
    2. They are a distraction to drivers
    3. They are purely political. The funded by Irish Gov part, to me reads Vote FF
    4. They are a waste of metal and should all be scrapped, smelted and sold!!!

Maybe I'm being picky, I guess that main thing is whether we can still afford these projects?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Johnboy Mac

dave-higgz wrote: »
    Just back from a trip west and one thing stood out to me on the roads was the big huge signs that read:

"National Development Plan: Funded by the Irish Government"

These signs are literally everywhere. They're on nearly every road, in rural villages and even in the middle of a town signifying that they're "working" on getting broadband there!

It's great to see so many projects across the country still going, however aren't these signs just unnecessary, political, and dangerous.

1. They only state the name of the project and fail to detail anything, even when the project it states is all around you!
    2. They are a distraction to drivers
    3. They are purely political. The funded by Irish Gov part, to me reads Vote FF
    4. They are a waste of metal and should all be scrapped, smelted and sold!!!

Maybe I'm being picky, I guess that main thing is whether we can still afford these projects?

Yes, you are right. One of the reasons they are there and very VISIBLE is solely for politican gain. It's ironic that some of normal road are unreadable or don't exist.

Advertisement