Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to make my wireless broadband more secure

• 14-03-2009 9:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,
    I recently got eircom broadband installed(wireless router) WPA enabled.
    I want to make my wireless more secure,how and what should i do?
    I have heard that possible hackers can get router key of my network and use my broadband.

Can i enter my mac address details into the router and it would only allow my laptop use the wireless connection?

Pls help thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yes, you can make it mac only.

mac addys can be spoofed tho.

WPA wifi encryption + a long key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bigdog

I already have WPA + a key.
    Could i change the name and use my own generated key/password and how would i do this?

thanks

the name of what?

your SSID?

should be able to; somewhere under the wireless config settings.

what router do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bigdog

yes my SSID, could i then use my own password?
    it's a netopia router.

ya, like i said it should be somewhere in the wifi settings on the router config to change the ssid and also let you choose yer own wpa key.

dont have a netopia router with me but iirc it's easy enough to do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement