Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal--Ireland's sexiest accent-- Any nice girls there!!

Options
  • 14-03-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

I love the Donegal accent, I am going to be in Donegal next week, and I would like to find myself sa nice weeee Donegal girl ;):)

The best accent in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Chancer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

muffler wrote: »
    Chancer :D

Still best accent in all of Ireland....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I have to say that being out in Letterkenny I notice how well "presented" the women are. It's definitely not a jeans and jumper scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Wasent there a Accent talent show on Today Fm a few years ago for Irelands sexist accent?

AFAIK a Donegal man won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Donegal girls are so .......Donegal , lovely accent to . ;)

From my own expierence , have met a few ;)

• Advertisement

latchyco wrote: »
    Donegal girls are so .......Donegal , lovely accent to . ;)

From my own expierence , have met a few ;)

Damn foriengers!Taking our women!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

will never forget (while workign with a donegal girl) a colleague saying that if he was to 'get jiggy' with her, that all she'd have to do was say "och" and that'd be him done :D

Moved up here myself some years later and I have to say he's 'almost' right. the accent rocks....but less of the "yes" "hi" "shir" already, you're becoming a parody of yourselves...

Its going to be nice to be back in Donegal again, and I have to keep my ear open for some accent.. Oh I'

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

I have to say that being out in Letterkenny I notice how well "presented" the women are. It's definitely not a jeans and jumper scene.

The hairdresser crowd are overtaking the town! :eek:

The hairdresser crowd are overtaking the town! :eek:

Oh I' I'm here in Weeeeee Letterkenny now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sometimes more is less! :p

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 --x-randomer-x-

Donegal accent through and through! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Lushed1

I used to work in a bar in letterkenny and every second hen party from "down the country" that came in would comment on my accent. I could have got off with the bride to be by just speaking to her. "Aye handy enough hey":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 --x-randomer-x-

I really dont see what the big deal is with it when i go out in dublin or galway or where ever sucha deal is made of it!! I've got quite a culchie accent though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yeah same, I was in Dublin a few weeks back & everyone was obsessed my accent. Cant complain I suppose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

When Im in Dublin i normally get accused of being from Norn Areland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Funny this. Ya can be in one place in donegal, go five miles down the road and the accents different. Take for example, inver, laghey, donegal town (all within the same area, 3 different accents) letterkenny gweedore (futher apart, both different still):D

Haha it reminds me of the time I was in Kerry for the all-ireland schools basketball, some doll from down there goes i louv yer accent we aint goot an accent.

while funny hey.!:pac:

Aye..East & West of the county have totally different accents. Letterkenny has a more Norn Iron type accent while The Rosses is more the accent we get associated with

muffler wrote: »
    When Im in Dublin i normally get accused of being from Norn Areland :rolleyes:

Your not the only one!Cue the dodgy attempts at a Norn Iron accent to mock you:rolleyes:Kinda like in Brugge with the Canadians:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Id have to agree about the accent differences. I worked with a gud few lads from donegal and had no bother understanding them. But there were two from fanad they might aswell have being speaking polish for all anyone coud understand!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

eire-kp wrote: »
    But there were two from fanad they might aswell have being speaking polish for all anyone coud understand!

LOL

Reminds me of an ex-housemate (and good friend) who has a very strong country Donegal accent. A lot of my friends from home/down the country cannot understand one word he says. It's hilarious.

As for the women... I love the Donegal accent, yes. Big time. A Donegal woman captured my heart many years ago, largely from the way she would pronounce my first name and her use of expressions like "I'm shamed, I'm shamed", and so forth, that I had never heard anywhere else, but hear up here all the time.

Donegal's great.;)

There was a poll on i102-104 the other day for this & I text in...was shocked to find during a song that yer one who presents it called me back to hear my accent!! I was still half asleep & confused so didnt say much but aye..'twas pretty random :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donal thornhill

irish147 wrote: »
    I love the Donegal accent, I am going to be in Donegal next week, and I would like to find myself sa nice weeee Donegal girl ;):)

The best accent in Ireland
    i suggest you go to carndonagh as i was up there and find looking babes and there is olly 1 bb in the town . <snip>, i guess the weekend be the best time and get cold up there . best of look as i am meeting my donegal babe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

i suggest you go to carndonagh as i was up there and find looking babes and there is olly 1 bb in the town . <snip>, i guess the weekend be the best time and get cold up there . best of look as i am meeting my donegal babe

You can suggest what you like, but resurrecting zombie threads is frowned upon, more-so when that resurrection involves spam!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement