Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kawasaki GT750 carb Question

• 15-03-2009 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all.

I have a 1983 Kawasaki GT750 on Mikuni carbs, kn type air filters and straight through exhausts.

The problem is that it is running too lean.

The main jets are 110s

Does anyone know what size of jets I should go up to?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I did a bit of googling and 112.5 was the size that came up most often, obviously that will depend on your exhaust size/condition and your K&N size and condition also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Blah blah multi-posted blinking modem flippin time wasting inter-flippingnet.

Post a YooChoob clip of it so we can hear what a proper bike sounds like...

Jets cost pennies in comparison to the cost of rebuilding a seized kettle engine. I'd go up in 10% increments until it started running rich and then I'd back off one jet size. My guess with the K&N and free-breathing pipes is to go up 20%. You could always ring Stan Stephens...

Crossans have the full range of Mikuni jets.

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,487 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jets cost pennies in comparison to the cost of rebuilding a seized kettle engine.
    Eh, that would be the Suzuki GT750....

Not your ornery onager

Oops, silly me. I blame a combination of mad cow disease and alcohol...

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 cornascriebe

Cheers for the advice lads, upped the jets to 125 and it's running a whole lot better now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cornascriebe

Cheers for the advice lads, upped the jets to 125 and it's running a whole lot better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Well done, did you change the idle jets too or just the mains?

Advertisement