Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Irish People copying americans!!

Options
  • 15-03-2009 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Does it annoy you when some Irish people particularily teens copy american culture. A lad in my school saying "dumpster" and wearing those sick out of date converse shoes. Are they just embarresed about their culture or what?
    Especially when they call the Gardaí "cops". Jesus come on. Saying things like " Check it out " or "Pretty" eg : thats pretty cool.
    :mad:
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I like totally agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Ahh jeeze, it's just a hangover from the celtic tiger ,when parts of dublin represented east LA for a few ...weeks .

They will be calling them the Gardai again soon .:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

oh my god like, get over it!

whateverrrrrr!

christ almighty, I hate american culture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

ClioV6 wrote: »
    oh my god like, get over it!

whateverrrrrr!

christ almighty, I hate american culture.
    this is clearly shown by your choice of avatar:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Dude, this thread is like, so totally awesome...

• Advertisement

Loike, what's a valley girl anyway ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Well what would you call those large bins that are refered to as dumpsters? I call them dumpster and i always have! Theyre not skips and theyre not Bins...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I blame Spin Fm for encouraging them to speak like twats.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Like, OMG. those stinky americans. like who do they think they are? like awesome or something?

Now excuse me please, I need to go try find like a really cheap vacation online and I also wanna see what movies are out at the minute.

like laters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Peppapig wrote: »
    Does it annoy you when some Irish people particularily teens copy american culture. A lad in my school saying "dumpster" and wearing those sick out of date converse shoes. Are they just embarresed about their culture or what?
    Especially when they call the Gardaí "cops". Jesus come on. Saying things like " Check it out " or "Pretty" eg : thats pretty cool.
    :mad:
    Any thoughts?

Those have to be some of the worse examples of someone mimicing American culture.

• Advertisement

deco05ie wrote: »
    this is clearly shown by your choice of avatar:rolleyes:

yes, hating american culture means I hate every single thing an american is responsible for.

**** the internet!
    :rolleyes:

Those have to be some of the worse examples of someone mimicing American culture.

i think the worst examples are idiots driving around in Hummers, Dodge Rams, and other american 4x4's like that

There is seriously NO NEED for these cars in Ireland!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

I'm very sorry

there just some of the things that annoy me !!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

I get the feeling some people in this thread know very little about American culture and just watch too much tv

Hogzy wrote: »
    Great comment, i think the worst examples are idiots driving around in Hummers, Dodge Rams, and other american 4x4's like that

There is seriously NO NEED for these cars in Ireland!!!!

uh. . . why cant people do or say what they want within reason of course and regardless of where it origionated? if they want to drive one of those cars WTF's it got to do with you and who are you to say there is no need for them? :rolleyes:

Chewie wrote: »
    who are you to say there is no need for them? :rolleyes:

someone with a bit of cop on most likely.

someone with a bit of cop on most likely.
    so because someone says there is no need for something, because it's an american thing, you shouldn't get one?

so because someone says there is no need for something, because it's an american thing, you shouldn't get one?

I don't give a fúck whether everyone gets them.

they're still ridiculous and not needed for 99% of the people who drive them on their 'school run' bollocks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A lad in my school saying "dumpster" and wearing those sick out of date converse shoes.
    Hey I just saw a film set in the future and those converse shoes are still cool and even help Will Smith fight robots!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

WTF's it got to do

That's so american :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

uh. . . why cant people do or say what they want within reason of course and regardless of where it origionated? if they want to drive one of those cars WTF's it got to do with you and who are you to say there is no need for them? :rolleyes:

Get off your high horse buddy, Im entitled to free speech and to express my opinion...
    They are stupid and theyre for people who want attention which in my opinion is sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

D4 is worse... GRRR!!!

because it's an american thing, you shouldn't get one?

No because theyre stupid cars that waste space and guzzle fuel... if they were from Afghanistan id say the same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭crackernutz

hey, i resent these comments. i wear converse shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

i've never met 1 single american yet who spoke like those idiots in teen dramas from the states.

if anyone is to blame, its the script writers and parents allowing their kids to watch such garbage in the first place.

its true, alot of teenagers in this country sound like those on the tv, but thats not real life!!

turn off your TV's teenyboppers!!

I don't give a fúck whether everyone gets them.

they're still ridiculous and not needed for 99% of the people who drive them on their 'school run' bollocks.
    lol. Sure dont I know. all these silly mammies huh?
    That's so american :pac::pac::pac:
    Like I so know!
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Get off your high horse buddy, Im entitled to free speech and to express my opinion...
    They are stupid and theyre for people who want attention which in my opinion is sad!
    Why yes. . . yes you are. . . But aren't people entitled to buy and drive what they want? no? :rolleyes:

Why yes. . . yes you are. . . But aren't people entitled to buy and drive what they want? no? :rolleyes:

Yes they are... Im expressing my opinion on the cars in question...

The people iv seen who own them in Ireland have no use for them whatsoever... They buy them for the bling factor and they would never buy them if they didnt see them on TV or rap videos...

Honestly why would someone want to own an Escalade in Ireland... For the same Price you could have an X5 or a Range Rover... Better car and better MPG

Same Goes for the Dodge Ram... Nissan Navara... Better car and Better MPG

I get the feeling some people in this thread know very little about American culture and just watch too much tv
    So what's american culture dude /

Guns+Nascar.

that's enough for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

like totally ossim mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Advertisement