Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Irish People copying americans!!

Options
12346»

Comments

wyk wrote: »
    Between October and April, it is usually about 40-60 for a low, and 50-80 for a high. I'll pass on the 'seasons' because it was 75 today; I'm fine with that.
    WYK

I for one don't relate to Fahrenheit anymore. I was reading that and thinking Jeez that's hot!
    It was a very pleasant 17 in Athlone today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

wyk wrote: »

Too bad about the White Sox last year. SO close. ;) But, hey, don't you have Clemens now? I bought a NY Yankees #22 Clemens Jersey knowing full well he wasn't ever gonna play a single day with them. So it's kind of a neat little curio. I also have a White Sox jersey. What # is Clemens?
    WYK

Clemens ?? LOL I thought he was doing time in some Texas prison for perjury. lol

Well, the White Sox had a spectaculor year last season. We made it into the playoffs with a team that no one expected to even compete for the division.

Let us also remember that we did with it all in 2005. That may seem like a long time ago, but when you consider that it was 1908 for the team across town, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Has a Texas team ever won a World Series ? I know we clinched ours in Houston, but I can't recall any of the teams ever winning won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭wyk

I for one don't relate to Fahrenheit anymore. I was reading that and thinking Jeez that's hot!
    It was a very pleasant 17 in Athlone today.

Some people in the States would consider it hot.

Try 4-15 for lows and 10 - 21 for typical winter and spring highs. Those temps can manifest themselves any time of the year except the middle of summer. In summer, a typical day can be 35C. ;) We have fish here that can survive in water temperature to 42C! Though we rarely see that as air temperature. That would be more West Texas.

75F is 24*C. 3 days ago it was 16C for a high, one day last week it was 31C, which is hot for this time of year. The weather has been a bit random lately.

WYK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I say "Pretty Cool", "Check it Out" and "Man". However I dilute that with liberal usage of "Ah Jaysus" and "**** Sake" and also "Ah ya Muppet!"

Also "Story Bud?!?" G'wan.

CCCP^ wrote: »
    I say "Pretty Cool", "Check it Out" and "Man". However I dilute that with liberal usage of "Ah Jaysus" and "**** Sake" and also "Ah ya Muppet!"

Also "Story Bud?!?" G'wan.

I do the exact same thing......only the other way around. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭you*ess*bee

I have to say the most annoying thing is being called a yank, if youre an american.

I am from the south, yanks are from the north.

Its the same as generalising and calling everyone in Ireland boggers, culchies, tinkers or knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Shut up yank.

;)

I have to say the most annoying thing is being called a yank, if youre an american.

Its the same as generalising and calling everyone in Ireland boggers, culchies, tinkers or knackers.

What would you preferred to be called ??

* Just for the record, those of us up north appreciate this post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

ClioV6 wrote: »
    oh my god like, get over it!

whateverrrrrr!

christ almighty, I hate american culture.

lol@you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

Yeah Dude!Right on!
    We don't need these American influences such as Cars, space exploration, Medicals Sciences, Jobs,Movies,Freedom etc. These are disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ah go whistle dixie out yer arse:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

akaredtop wrote: »
    Yeah Dude!Right on!
    We don't need these American influences such as Cars, space exploration, Medicals Sciences, Jobs,Movies,Freedom etc. These are disgusting.

The American version of freedom...... hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

DJCR wrote: »
    The American version of freedom...... hmmmmmmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are blaming a whole country for one idiot's actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

akaredtop wrote: »
    You are blaming a whole country for one idiot's actions.
    No offence but I dont think he was entirely alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

ClioV6 wrote: »
    sheesh..

Thats so american:D

phasers wrote: »
    I have an American accent from watching too much television as a child, but it's better than the knacker accent everyone else in my area has. Also converse are cool and very comfortable, get with the times.

What! Converse are so not fashionable and ugh... the state of them!
    I really annoys me when people copy american fashion. It just gives them more reason to think they are the rulers of earth when we copy what they do. Wear some wellies, not converse!

Im just joking, but I would prefer if we created our own distinct fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Peppapig wrote: »
    Does it annoy you when some Irish people particularily teens copy american culture. A lad in my school saying "dumpster" and wearing those sick out of date converse shoes. Are they just embarresed about their culture or what?
    Especially when they call the Gardaí "cops". Jesus come on. Saying things like " Check it out " or "Pretty" eg : thats pretty cool.
    :mad:
    Any thoughts?

It's just culture leaking around the place. We use more Irish slang compared to American, Some of theirs, a small enough amount has crept into our language

And those shoes aren't out of date or sick, they're converse. They're a classic timeless style

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Peppapig wrote: »

Im just joking, but I would prefer if we created our own distinct fashion

Like what the youth of Ireland are wearing now?

Tracksuits in either grey or white, the pants of which are tucked into their socks, , white runners, baseball hat, usually white or other light colour tipped at the trademark 45 degree angle?

No thanks!

NickNolte wrote: »
    It annoys me that Irish people now have a globally accessible forum to show the world just how easily annoyed (and bigoted, and racist, and stupid) they are.

Well it annoys me how people try to search the web for the Irish!
    You just wanna be Irish:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I hate excessive use of British slang more.

Innit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement