Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lonely Island

Options
  • 15-03-2009 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard their entire album?

All the stuff I've listened to on youtube, bar 'Jizz in my pants' and 'I'm on a boat' has been pretty disappointing :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Yeah, I thought that too. Havent heard the full thing but they really are the only funny ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pandemonium

I have there album Incredibad on my ipod, its a bit disappointing but there are some very good songs, "natalies rap" is savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Dave Total

Theres loads of videos from saturday night live of the songs, if you hear the songs in the context of the videos, theyre funnier. Lazy sunday is hilarious and i love Santana DVX.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Sammy Jennings

Meh. Dick-in-a-Box is emblematic of their schtick. I wonder if they approached Timberlake or vice-versa? "Hey, you guys are credible, up-and-coming comedians - maybe we could arrange something...?'

Speaking of prostitution, has anyone here read the Guardian's articles on the new Bruno movie? Does the journalist get paid extra every time they insert something like "In one hilarious scene Bruno (aka Sasha Baron Cohen) outrages Jerusalem's devout inhabitants by repeatedly sodomizing himself with a plastic crucifix in front of an elderly fruit-seller"? They must presume that if they say it loudly and for long enough, the whole world will be persuaded of Cohen's genius. Enough, already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭FV-Emperor

They proposed the idea to Timberlak but didn't believe he'd go ahead with it, seemingly he was really positive about the whole thing.

I'l say this album actually contains decent flows and rythm and I reject the fact that the 2 aforementioned songs are the 'only' funny ones.
    What about boombox etc, I'd say theres a good 13 songs which is not bad for any album.

• Advertisement
Advertisement