Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 310D

• 15-03-2009 3:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Right so,
    I bought 1 of these about 2yrs ago from e-bay (I know, I deserve what i get)
    but it ,supposedly came with Europe maps.As I go camping in France I ideally wanted something to guide me thru France but once we started to head anywhere outside Brittany it it didnt have any roads on it and even keeping to Motorways was hard work for it.
    It has v9 software.Is the new version software maps any better? What is the best version to get for full Europe maps/
    Ta in advace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

i have the same unit from about 2 years ago. It sounds like you only have the basic maps for France and you should be able to update with detailed maps for the specific regions from the CD software.

I bought the nuMaps Lifetime Europe from the Garmin website for ~100E. I thought it was worthwhile although some may think it better to go for a new model with lifetime maps.

I used map install from the Garmin download page to add some maps for Southern Spain. It worked well apart from the odd new road not in the update yet. (like the AP7 Almeria to Murcia)

Advertisement