Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orthapedic chairs for back pain

Options
  • 15-03-2009 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi there to all back pain sufferers.

Right, im just getting over my 5th back operation, lumbar discectomy on L2 & R2. I have done all they physio, swimming and exercise programmes.

Now, i am still in difficulty and pain and im sure by now that it is all down to posture, sleeping and sitting position.

I have heard about "The back shop" on Exchequers Street in Dublin, link;http://www.back-shop.com/
    I spoke to the owner and he is very convincing and seems to know his stuff.

Basically I am posting to find out if anyone has bought one of these seats and did you get much relief?
    They are quite expensive, up to €1800 for the top of the range, custom made lazyboy type seats. But over the past 5 years i have spent thousands of € on doctors, physios, quacks and surgeons.

So people, anyone have one and are they any good?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Nobody???:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I can't recall where my mother got her chairs but from looking through the chairs there, hers is closer to the Hilton one -- she's got two of them. She has very bad rheumatoid arthritis and some fibromyalgia and most of the time she can only sit in those chairs. She finds they're best for her and support her with least amount of pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Thanks,

The owner is very convincing but i guess that is his job. Some of the more comfortable ones,sort of like a La z boy costs about €1800.

Thats a lot of money for a chair that may or may not help my back pain, so im just looking for feedback from anyone who may have bought one..

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

Here is a link to a great article written by a Certified Rolfer on posture, proper sitting and chair design.

http://www.marybond.net/articles/SmartSitting.pdf

Advertisement