Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

name the sample ....on the Morales mix of "Plastic Dreams"

• 15-03-2009 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

What is that sample ....?
    I am looking to find out the name of a piece sampled in the Morales mix of "Plastic Dreams" ....the sample is the ....wait for it this is technical ...tongue.gif the echo-ey part near the start that runs through it it goes "dum ....di-dum-dum" ...you will know the piece if you listen to it !!! I know the piece is 12 + yrs old....

Please help biggrin.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

What is that sample ....?
    I am looking to find out the name of a piece sampled in the Morales mix of "Plastic Dreams" ....the sample is the ....wait for it this is technical ...tongue.gif the echo-ey part near the start that runs through it it goes "dum ....di-dum-dum" ...you will know the piece if you listen to it !!! I know the piece is 12 + yrs old....

Please help biggrin.gif

hmm,is it the acoustic sound you are talking about?? sounds like its sampled from a record or sumthin'? i think it could be a snippet from Carrie Lucas "dance with me" maybe? dont hold me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

You mean the ummm Dummm .. dum dummmmm... du du du dummmmm :D...

I dont hear a major diff between the start of the morales mix, '97/'98, and the original '93 version up until the stabs and piano's etc... of course...

Is the sample you mean unique to the morales mix ? or in both ? .. wanna put a time frame on it in relation to the vids?

Original

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

yes,as from the comment above,you should put the start time of the sample and where the sample ends,that goes for any audio we are going to be discussing.

post the youtube link also.

i love investigating samples,i feel like a detective of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 question2009

Thanks a mil ......being a music "cabbage" i didnt relase it was the plastic dreams tune itself ..... its actually the long original mix I was remembering !!! ....thank someone for itunes ha ha :D .....i had just heard the music in the background the other day and asked some one who it was ...they said it was a remix so assummed it was a sample and not the real thing !!!

taking me back to working in Ios in a beach bar circa '94 ......at sunset :)

you are Supa-stars !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

Thanks a mil ......being a music "cabbage" i didnt relase it was the plastic dreams tune itself ..... its actually the long original mix I was remembering !!! ....thank someone for itunes ha ha :D .....i had just heard the music in the background the other day and asked some one who it was ...they said it was a remix so assummed it was a sample and not the real thing !!!

taking me back to working in Ios in a beach bar circa '94 ......at sunset :)

you are Supa-stars !

I told you that 2 days ago in the oldskool Forum!!! :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement