Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budweiser Aluminium Bottle

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

SarahJ wrote: »
    Will someone for the love of God tell me where to buy them???!!!

I can wee in an aluminium bottle and sell it to you.

You wont notice the difference :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I've seen them on sale in SoHo in Cork and Break for the Border in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

And in the Ninth Circle of Hell.

And in the Ninth Circle of Hell.
    I already mentioned that, right after SoHo in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I'm not sure where you get them in Ireland. I never go for Bud here, don't like the taste.

But - I was in the States recently and tried one of these as they were new to me / a novelty. I have to say it wasn't bad! It was a lot colder than usual also. I ordered another Bud, but he brought me out a glass of draught, and that was your typical Bud p**s! - so I asked for the aluminium bottle again and there was definitly a difference.

Now, I'm not saying that it's brewed differently for these bottles or anything; it most likely was the novelty of the new type of bottle coupled with all the marketing! But it did seem much colder, and I like my beer extra cold! I think I'd give them another chance if I saw them here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chattymike

Tried the new Bud bottle. Have to say its really nice and veeeery cold. Could barely hold it. Bigger bottle than a normal glass one and relatively good value when you consider its 40% bigger. Also tried the new Bud Ice Draught. No more scanger cider for me. With the weather over the weekend this was beautiful and cold.

Hi Sarah

They are mostly in late night places. in Dublin I've seen it in Cafe En Seine, Flannerys, Whelan's & The Locke Bar in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Got a couple of them free in the Stables bar in University of limerick last Thursday night.

Not a Bud drinker but the stuff was OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I'm not sure where you get them in Ireland. I never go for Bud here, don't like the taste.

But - I was in the States recently and tried one of these as they were new to me / a novelty. I have to say it wasn't bad! It was a lot colder than usual also. I ordered another Bud, but he brought me out a glass of draught, and that was your typical Bud p**s! - so I asked for the aluminium bottle again and there was definitly a difference.

Now, I'm not saying that it's brewed differently for these bottles or anything; it most likely was the novelty of the new type of bottle coupled with all the marketing! But it did seem much colder, and I like my beer extra cold! I think I'd give them another chance if I saw them here.

Fully agree

Chattymike wrote: »
    relatively good value when you consider its 40% bigger.
    When I saw it in Cork it was €6 for 473ml. So there you have it, folks: even in post-Tiger Ireland there are still people who consider €7.20 for a pint of beer "good value".

I wonder if they work for Diageo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tippguy

anyone that wants them i can get them in especially at an off licence in thurles but you'd have to be buying the full case as they simply wont sell and its €2.79 a bottle. case of 24

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

All this talk of frozen beer reminds me of my J1 in California, where can of beer where often put in the freezer and forgotten about, then defrosted in the hot tub. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

They have them in Q Bar in Dublin. €6.70 I think it was (not that i paid it)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

:pac:does anyone know where i could get these in galway?

Moikey,

Was up in Galway a coupke of weekends ago. Great craic with the Ocean race going on. Saw Aslan. Actually met the real Captain Morgan, love that drink. Saw the Bud Alu bottle in Cuba. Sad to say but I went to the take that gig last week and everyone was drinking it, seems to be catching on.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭moikey

LOL take that!:cool: Aslan were brilliant i was at along with everyone in Galway!!
    You didn see them in an offie by any chance? bit late now as i wanted them for the journey to slane never mind

Advertisement